Laptop got run over by multiple cars

Auser

Hello,

So this happen a while ago. I was carrying some bags and my laptop to my car. I could not opened the trunk bc I had bags in one hand and laptop in other. I placed laptop on the roof of the car. So you can probably imagine what happened next. So my case for laptop is gray color and so it is the color of my car. So I accidentally left my laptop on the roof when I drove off. Turns out the laptop even stayed on the roof for a km before it feel off. It felt down somewhere on mainroad. The problem is that I haven't figured out I forgot my laptop on roof for next 30min. I traveled back on same road to find out where it feel off. And as expected I found it the middle of road, picked it up and drove to closest parking lot. There I was, opening the laptop bag prepared for worst. Opened the lid, no broken screen. Laptop normally waked up from sleep. Worked just fine. But there was a obivous sign that laptop wasn't lying on road untouched, it was sure got run over by atleast one car if not more. The whole pc was bent. So here is the result.

62140010_353247428717221_5264562064357064704_n.thumb.jpg.f7dc0d57b8278243cf26df76f4c2420f.jpg

When I got back home I ran some test. Aida64 as usual. Turns out the pc was thermalthrottlening at least 20%. Opened it up and found out the heatpipe had a dent. Replaced pipe and the problem was gone.

66312555_2324759737776593_4039651161203015680_n.jpg.cb6f0ad2c85ab48665ff0706e2bef41c.jpg66062879_470831280403702_4965287128264081408_n.jpg.e702b9987108aef7ae25697bb721335c.jpg

Now I'm just curious if I should check for some other parts that may be hurt?

Thanks

That's a story to tell the grandkids. Good thing you had an SSD, an HDD would have been dead the moment it hit the floor.

I think if the batteries aren't bloated and the fan spins and everything is working as normal, you should be fine. 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

I know the guy above mentioned the battery but I would check to see if it;'s bent or punctured, and in that case I wouldn't trust it anymore. Check the screen thouhg, run a color test on youtube to see if the LCD has weird blotches where the color is slightly brighter, it's way more obvious on Grey.

19 minutes ago, Senior Gui said:

I know the guy above mentioned the battery but I would check to see if it;'s bent or punctured, and in that case I wouldn't trust it anymore. Check the screen thouhg, run a color test on youtube to see if the LCD has weird blotches where the color is slightly brighter, it's way more obvious on Grey.

The battery doesn't seems bent or anything. I also already did test the display with mulitple test online and aida64 tools. All looks fine. I've been using this laptop for a month now and nothing gone wrong since then.