CPU hit 100° with custom loop, could this have damaged it?

Hey guys, probably freaking out over nothing, but I just need some confirmation! So I built my first custom loop yesterday, I finally went to boot the PC, and it immediately hit 90-100°c . While trouble shooting and trying to figure out what could be going on, I probably used the PC for about 30-40 minutes. I ran a prime95 test and opened several temp monitoring softwares so see if it was an error with the program. Turns out it was the CPU paste only being on half the CPU ?. Could my chip have been damaged in this short period? It wasnt at 100 the whole time, but I'm freaking out ! It obviously throttled, but am I okay? Sorry if this is a silly question !

You'll be fine, if the chip gets too hot then it will throttle (as you saw) or the computer will shutdown completely to protect itself, unless you purposely modified something to disable this temperature protection then you'll be fine.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Unless you disabled the feature, it didn't hit thermal shutdown. When you hit that point, you know you have serious issues.
Extended use at those temperatures isn't going to be good for it, but I doubt that the relative short period of time has done any substantial damage.
Get it sorted as best you can, check your mounting pressure/seating, water flow,  those aren't temperatures i'd be comfortable with.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB