PSU buzzing extends to my GPU

Chasing

Hello everyone,

I've owned my PSU for now 4 years (Seasonic S12G 750W) and since day one it's always made a low constant buzzing sound which I associated to coil whine.

Now yesterday, I upgraded my GPU to an Asus ROG Strix 2080Ti and when I play an intensive game, the buzzing from my PSU gets louder and I can also hear the same exact sound coming from my GPU. When I go into the pause menu it immediately stops. 

Weird thing is I tried running Furmark: total silence. Same with Cinebench, nothing. It only seems to happen when I play a game and both my GPU and CPU are under heavy load.

Any idea what's happening? Just coil whine or should I be worried? Thank you.

Edit: Here's a little video if you can hear the difference between pause menu and in-game. It is way louder in reality. 

Just a coil whine as you said. Completely expected with high-end hardware. It's distracting yes but there's nothing really you can do other than turning your fans up and deal with that noise instead to dampen the coil whine.

To be honest that's what I would do, as the noise from fans is much more bearable.

Removing the overclock from GPU would help a bit if you applied one.

41 minutes ago, NMS said:

Just a coil whine as you said. Completely expected with high-end hardware. It's distracting yes but there's nothing really you can do other than turning your fans up and deal with that noise instead to dampen the coil whine.

To be honest that's what I would do, as the noise from fans is much more bearable.

Removing the overclock from GPU would help a bit if you applied one.

Thank you. Maybe I'm more sensitive than other people but it is REALLY loud when I play Far Cry 5 (which is the only intensive game I have installed so far). I can't even play without headphones.

Isn't that weird that the noise doesn't appear in Furmark when my GPU is pushed to its limits? Could that coil whine come from my PSU and transfer to my other components?

19 hours ago, Chasing said:

Thank you. Maybe I'm more sensitive than other people but it is REALLY loud when I play Far Cry 5 (which is the only intensive game I have installed so far). I can't even play without headphones.

Isn't that weird that the noise doesn't appear in Furmark when my GPU is pushed to its limits? Could that coil whine come from my PSU and transfer to my other components?

To be honest, this depends on what kind of load the program/game is putting on your GPU. I don't know anything about Far Cry or what it stresses the most and I haven't used Furmark in a very long time. Perhaps someone else can answer that.

But in the end, it's fine don't worry.