HALPPP!!!

xxmoney96xx

This is my new computer so I really hope it doesn't have a virus. My internet is fine. I've scanned with multiple anti viruses. Here are the problems:

Lets say there is a 20.0MB file. It will download to 19.7 and stop for 20mins then finish.

Downloads speeds when downloading a file it 3 megabits per second, when i go on speed test by Ookla or whatever, it says download speeds of 57.77 megabits per second, which is normal for a speedtest and file download.

When it finally finishes downloading, it can't open/run/do anything with the file.

My computer is just being slow... It's brand new with a core i7 4770k and a GTX 780...

SSL error whenever connecting with google

When I try to create a Minecraft/bukkit server it comes up with errors like "cannot find craftbukkit.jar" I've tried practically all bug fixes and their combinations but nothing.

Takes foreverrrrr to log on.

I think there are other things but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Please help!!!!

Intel Core i7 4770k | MSI Z87 | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz  Kingston HyperX | GeForce GTX 780 | Fractal Design Define R4 | 1TB WD Blue | CX600 | Corsair H100i

Hmm. Not sure if its a virus but it is definitely odd that it is that slow. If you are truly worried that it could be a virus, go through it with malwarebytes, adwcleaner, ccleaner..stuff like that. You say its your new computer so I would find it hard to pick up a virus that fast but I guess it could happen.

Thanks. I've already done malwarebytes and done several scans. One thing I forgot to mention is that if I print something, the printer won't do anything and 20mins later it will print.

Intel Core i7 4770k | MSI Z87 | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz  Kingston HyperX | GeForce GTX 780 | Fractal Design Define R4 | 1TB WD Blue | CX600 | Corsair H100i

The Minecraft server thing is pretty obvious, it's trying to find the file and it's simply not in the place it's referencing. Make sure the executable jar is in the same directory as the launcher script and is named correctly.

With the download, that's definitely weird. Doesn't sound like a virus but something screwed with your computers NIC. I'd recommend reinstalling drivers and going from there.

Honestly man I really have no idea what it up. You could try resetting your bios. But messing with your bios doesn't always end well

The Minecraft server thing is pretty obvious, it's trying to find the file and it's simply not in the place it's referencing. Make sure the executable jar is in the same directory as the launcher script and is named correctly.

With the download, that's definitely weird. Doesn't sound like a virus but something screwed with your computers NIC. I'd recommend reinstalling drivers and going from there.

They are in the same file and named correctly. I also tried to create paths and stuff cause it said command "java" not recognized. If you would give me a link to a youtube video with a tutorial on how to make a bukkit server i can tell you what happens when I try to do it.

Honestly man I really have no idea what it up. You could try resetting your bios. But messing with your bios doesn't always end well

BIOS is fine I think, haven't messed with it.

BIOS is fine I think, haven't messed with it.

I'm sure its fine now, but resetting will basically put everything back to factory settings. So if you want a clean start this could fix your issue.

I'm sure its fine now, but resetting will basically put everything back to factory settings. So if you want a clean start this could fix your issue.

OK,lemme restart my computer, brb.

OMFG HOLY SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH JUST DOWNLOAD SOMETHING AND THE SPEED WAS A LITTLE SLOW BUT IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! STILL AND SSL ERROR BUT WHATEVER. I'LL TEST THE SERVER THING SOON.

They are in the same file and named correctly. I also tried to create paths and stuff cause it said command "java" not recognized. If you would give me a link to a youtube video with a tutorial on how to make a bukkit server i can tell you what happens when I try to do it.

Right so you need to have JDK installed.

OK thanks cuz it's still not working. Lemme install and see if it works.

It also sometimes says "Incomplete or corrupt jar file"

OMFG HOLY SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH JUST DOWNLOAD SOMETHING AND THE SPEED WAS A LITTLE SLOW BUT IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! STILL AND SSL ERROR BUT WHATEVER. I'LL TEST THE SERVER THING SOON.

Lol, looks like we are making progress!

Right so you need to have JDK ins

Now its not downloading JDK...,

ARGHHH still nothings working. I'm giving up, I still have homework to do.

Now its not downloading JDK...,

Fix the basic issue first. You should not be getting an SSL error.

Do you have an anti-virus program running? If so which one? Which firewall if any do you have running?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Do you have an anti-virus program running? If so which one? Which firewall if any do you have running?

Depends where you're going to. I know that when I remote into customer devices with forwarding set up using HTTPS, they don't have an SSL cert so I get an error, but it's fine really. If he's doing HTTPS locally, probably no cert either.

So your downloading a MC Bukkit server, im not sure where your downloading it from though, are you downloading it from a unknown source because sometimes some stupid download sites would be like buy our service and download speeds would be 2 seconds and then be like 'download speed without our service, 20 minutes' 

Try downloading it on an Android device.

Try downloading it on a different PC

Test out downloading something, here I uploaded my custom texture pack to mediafire (you may use it but it has to be converted from texture to resource) http://www.mediafire.com/download/9nwnf25dfm587px/Enchant%20English.zip

And if that doesn't work you can try my little Logo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByiSft8WQB4NR3RTOVVHYUJ3YkE/edit?usp=sharing

Best Regards,

Snapy

Networking errors... have you.. um.. installed LAN drivers? Or rather updated everything for mobo to latest. And try to reboot router also.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Not that you want to, but a fresh install of the OS and drivers might be worth a shot.  That's what I would do.

CPU = Intel i7 4770K OC @ 4.1GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H105 | MOBO = Asus Z97 Maximus Gene VII | GPU = Asus STRIX 4GB GTX 980 | RAM = 32GB G. Skill Trident X Series @ 2400MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 850W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 120GB Corsair Neutron (OS) | SSD 2 = 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 (Games) | HDD = 1TB WD Green 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage)| OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout Edition w/ Window | KB = RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Stealth | MS = Mionix NAOS 7000 | Monitor = 24" BenQ XL2420TE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Asus VS278Q-P @ 60Hz 
CPU = Intel i7-2700K OC @ 4.5GHz | CPU Cooler = Corsair H100i | MOBO = Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU = EVGA 3GB 780Ti Superclocked w/ ACX Cooler | RAM = 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | PSU = EVGA Supernova 1,300W 80+ Gold | SSD 1 = 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series (OS) | SSD 2 = 120GB Kingston HyperX (Games) | HDD = 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache (Storage) | OS = Win 8.1 64Bit | Case = Fractal Design Define XL R2 | KB = ROCCAT ISKU | MS = ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical | Monitor = 24" Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz | 2nd Monitor = 27" Acer G276HLDbmid @ 60Hz       

Not that you want to, but a fresh install of the OS and drivers might be worth a shot.  That's what I would do.

I'll try this, but how do I do reinstall the OS without losing data and game progress? Browsing history is fine to loose though.

I am runny the 60 day trial of Norton that came with my OS, BitDefender Free, and Webroot Secure Anywhere 2013. I have medium security on my router settings, firewall on secure anywhere, and when I try to  initiate windows firewall it doesn't do anything.

So your downloading a MC Bukkit server, im not sure where your downloading it from though, are you downloading it from a unknown source because sometimes some stupid download sites would be like buy our service and download speeds would be 2 seconds and then be like 'download speed without our service, 20 minutes' 

Try downloading it on an Android device.

Try downloading it on a different PC

Test out downloading something, here I uploaded my custom texture pack to mediafire (you may use it but it has to be converted from texture to resource) http://www.mediafire.com/download/9nwnf25dfm587px/Enchant%20English.zip

And if that doesn't work you can try my little Logo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByiSft8WQB4NR3RTOVVHYUJ3YkE/edit?usp=sharing

Best Regards,

Snapy

I'll try downloading it on a different PC and moving it with a flash drive.

Networking errors... have you.. um.. installed LAN drivers? Or rather updated everything for mobo to latest. And try to reboot router also.

Okay, thanks. I'll try reinstalling drivers. But this has worked before. I was able to download stuff earlier.