Automatic Photo Backup

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Look into Resilio Sync. It's purpose is to sync two or more devices, using last modified dates. I use it mainly to move media from PC to tablet.

It can run on background, but I'd advice running it only when needed. It uses quite a lot battery even while idle.

I feel like this should be simple, but I'm looking for app recommendations that would allow me to automatically upload photo's taken on my phone to my PC's HDD. I would rather not mess with cloud storage because I'm not really wanting to spend money on this. PC is running Windows 10 Pro and I have a Galaxy S9+. Thanks.

EDIT: I am also wondering if such an app exists that would just automatically transfer photos when I entered my home's wifi network. That would be a good solution as well.

Edited by NeyoSemperDux

Look into Resilio Sync. It's purpose is to sync two or more devices, using last modified dates. I use it mainly to move media from PC to tablet.

It can run on background, but I'd advice running it only when needed. It uses quite a lot battery even while idle.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

39 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks! This seems to be almost exactly what I was looking for!

You may also try something different - it's called Project Camera. This app upload photos to ftp after taken. Of course you need to setup ftp on your pc, but it works even if you're far from home (if proper configured). You may also use some hosting with ftp access.