Help with AMD parts for PC-upgrade

Hi

My CPU today is a FX-8320, so I'm on the limit game wise what that can handle, so I need a new and better.
My main games for the moment is PUBG, Far Cry 5, the latest Tomb Raider, and I want to play the Halo collection when it arrives. In addition I do somewhat amount of Premiere/photoshop/lightroom so multi-core is the way for me.

I need new CPU, MB and RAM (and if anybody have a suggestion for a sound card that can replace my Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty platinum, the one with the front bay, I would be very happy).

I'm planning on buying a 2700 when local stores have a sale om them cause of the 3000-series arriving. As far as I can see the 2700 would suit my needs just fine. I'm a bit of AMD fan buy so I prefer we stick to AMD builds.
Not planning on overclocking, but won't rule it happen in the future. I prefer the computer to be as quiet as possible, thats why I go for the 2700 (non X) cause of the low TDP.
Already have a GTX1080 (asus strix) so I won't need another graphics card (or the PCI-EX v4). The MB should have at least 6 SATA ports and a USB3 internal header (for front bay SD-card-reader).
edit: Cause of the multitasking (and browsers) I feel that 16GB of RAM might be just too little therefore I'm aiming for 32GB.

Sidenote: I'm also planning on upgrading my media computer to a Ryzen 3with on-board graphics in not so distant future. Need something that can handle media encoding and be quiet. So I'm up for suggestions like "go for  a 'low end' CPU now with a B450 MB and wait for 3600x to fall in price later on this year" _IF_ that's a good advice, and shift the first parts to the media computer.

Budget is 400-600$. But because I'm in Norway the prices here are a bit higher than North America, and the selection is somewhat smaller.

So, any suggestions or questions?

5 minutes ago, Alfakr0ll said:

Not planning on overclocking, but won't rule it happen in the future

well, you won't have to worry about it, because the only motherboards that can't overclock, A230, are utter garbage anyways.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor $199.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - X470 Master SLI/AC ATX AM4 Motherboard $113.98 @ Newegg
Memory Team - T-Force Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $69.99 @ Newegg
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $413.96
  Mail-in rebates -$30.00
  Total $383.96
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-05 18:48 EDT-0400  

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

well, you won't have to worry about it, because the only motherboards that can't overclock, A230, are utter garbage anyways.

Thanks for the reply.

I found one of the stores here had an old stock of ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS motherboards for about 100$. The card you listed goes for about 150$. Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about this MB? The good thing about this is that it still has PCI so that means that I can continue to use my sound card (gotten so used to the front bay audio with headphone volume control).
The bad thing is that the BIOS might not support the 2700 out of the box, and might not support 'optimal' memory speeds.. Will that actually impact the performance in any noticeable way?

36 minutes ago, Alfakr0ll said:

Thanks for the reply.

I found one of the stores here had an old stock of ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS motherboards for about 100$. The card you listed goes for about 150$. Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about this MB? The good thing about this is that it still has PCI so that means that I can continue to use my sound card (gotten so used to the front bay audio with headphone volume control).
The bad thing is that the BIOS might not support the 2700 out of the box, and might not support 'optimal' memory speeds.. Will that actually impact the performance in any noticeable way?

The Asus prime series of boards is not so great, they use kinda cheap power stages and lack a lot of good features. Being B350, it's not super capable, so I highly recommend you check out B450 boards like the ASRock B450 Pro4. it should come in a lot cheaper than that prime board and be of similar qualty, but with a newer chipset.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 hours ago, fasauceome said:

The Asus prime series of boards is not so great, they use kinda cheap power stages and lack a lot of good features. Being B350, it's not super capable, so I highly recommend you check out B450 boards like the ASRock B450 Pro4. it should come in a lot cheaper than that prime board and be of similar qualty, but with a newer chipset.

Thanks again.

Then how about Asus Prime X370-A? It's still a prime board, but it's X370. The reason I consider these boards is the support for legacy PCI which means I can continue using my sound card for a while longer. And then later upgrade my MB when I find a suitable sound card replacement (and move the MB to my media computer).
Would the power stages affect anything if I don't plan on overclocking?

9 minutes ago, Alfakr0ll said:

Would the power stages affect anything if I don't plan on overclocking?

AMD has a feature called XFR which auto boosts a processor over the turbo frequency. Better VRMs will have better out of the box performance, especially for the 8 core you're after. The Biostar GT motherboards use a good VRM solution for the price, the Biostar X370GT5 might appeal to you a lot. How much does that run you?

Primary PC:

25 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

AMD has a feature called XFR which auto boosts a processor over the turbo frequency. Better VRMs will have better out of the box performance, especially for the 8 core you're after. The Biostar GT motherboards use a good VRM solution for the price, the Biostar X370GT5 might appeal to you a lot. How much does that run you?

Biostar X370GT5 is not available in my country unfortunately..

8 minutes ago, Alfakr0ll said:

Biostar X370GT5 is not available in my country unfortunately..

Then you might as well go with the X370 prime

Primary PC:

4 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Then you might as well go with the X370 prime

Thanks for all the help.

Luckily the return laws are quite customer friendly here in Norway. So if the X370 Prime turns out to be a bad deal it's easy to return it.