Need help connecting Fios router to Vlan

Uwillparish

Hi there,

I guess a little background first. I have an actiontec MI424WR that I got from fios as my router, and the DHCP server on it is awful. Yesterday, I bought a netgear M4100-26G switch to, among other things, take over dhcp server functionality from the actiontec box. I have the dhcp server running fine on the netgear switch, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get traffic out from the switch's dhcp to the outer internet through the actiontec. I've tried setting the actiontec box as a dhcp relay, as well as setting the default route for the netgear side to the ip address from the router. I'm at a loss here, so I guess my question is: Any suggestions?

Thanks,

uwillparish

6 hours ago, Uwillparish said:

Hi there,

I guess a little background first. I have an actiontec MI424WR that I got from fios as my router, and the DHCP server on it is awful. Yesterday, I bought a netgear M4100-26G switch to, among other things, take over dhcp server functionality from the actiontec box. I have the dhcp server running fine on the netgear switch, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get traffic out from the switch's dhcp to the outer internet through the actiontec. I've tried setting the actiontec box as a dhcp relay, as well as setting the default route for the netgear side to the ip address from the router. I'm at a loss here, so I guess my question is: Any suggestions?

Thanks,

uwillparish

Why not use the actiontec’s LAN as your LAN and default gateway, just disable its DHCP server? I don’t have the actiontec myself, but most devices allow it to be done.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: