H80i and overclocking

TheReven

So I overclocked my CPU to 4.7 the other day and everything seemed fine then it crashed and I thought it was to do with the temps so down clocked to 4.6 then to 4.5 for doing the same but whilst reading my temps it never went over 60 degrees and I have a feeling it's to do with the h80i and it's settings I currently have I'm using a custom curve but it did the same when I set to default

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

it's just unstable at that clock or voltage.

^This

you will need to give it more voltage. or it just wont work at that clock. same cpu cooler running at 4.2 as less blue screens

its just an unstable overclock i use the h80i and its a beast :D i love it sadly my cpu wont go over 4.6Ghz and stay stable but at 4.5Ghz its good temps with the h80i on quiet 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

So I overclocked my CPU to 4.7 the other day and everything seemed fine then it crashed and I thought it was to do with the temps so down clocked to 4.6 then to 4.5 for doing the same but whilst reading my temps it never went over 60 degrees and I have a feeling it's to do with the h80i and it's settings I currently have I'm using a custom curve but it did the same when I set to default

Man how come you can get 4.5Ghz out of your 8350 with a h80i, and I can only get 4.3 *sighs*.

^This

you will need to give it more voltage. or it just wont work at that clock. same cpu cooler running at 4.2 as less blue screens

Yeah I did this after and it seemed to fix it running at 4.7 now :) I just was worried that it was the h80i as this is the second one Iv had as the first was faulty and when it crashed all my settings got reset like my LED and my custom curves but it's all sorted now

XFX R9 290,AMD FX8350,Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD, ASUS Sabertooth 990, Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram 1600mhz, Zalman Z11 Plus mid tower. Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler,Corsair m40 ,Corsair Vengance K70

Yeah I did this after and it seemed to fix it running at 4.7 now :) I just was worried that it was the h80i as this is the second one Iv had as the first was faulty and when it crashed all my settings got reset like my LED and my custom curves but it's all sorted now

if your cpu core temps are 60-70oC under max load its working well.  you could also turn up the pump so it ramps from say 50% to 100%.