Misbehaving SSD

Sat1600

I have an Intel ssd pro 5400s. It was used as a boot drive until it wouldn't boot. Bsod "windows can't repair,  yada yada".

I replaced the ssd in that system but I want to know if this drive is really garbage before I toss it. 

I put it in an enclosure and plugged it on via usb. It gets detected right away and shows up in file explorer. But if you try to do anything with it everything Just freezes.

Disk management won't start until I disconnect the drive.  It just says connecting to virtual disk services. 

So is it trash?

On 7/3/2019 at 5:16 AM, Sat1600 said:

I have an Intel ssd pro 5400s. It was used as a boot drive until it wouldn't boot. Bsod "windows can't repair,  yada yada".

I replaced the ssd in that system but I want to know if this drive is really garbage before I toss it. 

I put it in an enclosure and plugged it on via usb. It gets detected right away and shows up in file explorer. But if you try to do anything with it everything Just freezes.

Disk management won't start until I disconnect the drive.  It just says connecting to virtual disk services. 

So is it trash?

Try secure erase it with the intel toolbox(or whatever its called) if you dont care about the data on it, it will completele reset the drive and data and its a good possibility to work. You could also try to just connect the power cable and boot in the bios and just sit there for half an hour(it activates a self repair on the sse but i dont know how effective it is)

5 hours ago, AkSo2504 said:

Try secure erase it with the intel toolbox(or whatever its called) if you dont care about the data on it, it will completele reset the drive and data and its a good possibility to work. You could also try to just connect the power cable and boot in the bios and just sit there for half an hour(it activates a self repair on the sse but i dont know how effective it is)

Thanks. I'll try