100% disk usage

i do have a system with specs

i5 3rd gen

4gb ram

320gb hdd

gtx 1050ti 

when playing games, i'm experiencing lag issues and when i look at task manager the disk usage is 100% 

whats the main cause of this problem? should i replace my hdd with high speed hdd or ssd? will it work?

Thanks!

what game are you playing? It's probably because you only have 4gb ram so when your ram is full the game has to read data from your hdd which is very slow.

1 minute ago, Medicate said:

what game are you playing? It's probably because you only have 4gb ram so when your ram is full the game has to read data from your hdd which is very slow.

i only play dota 2 or pubg lite with a google chrome opened...that's also one of my speculations that the ram is not enough...but will ssd help on this? or should just upgrade my ram to maybe 6 gb ( 2gb & 4gb stick with same freq )?

Just now, Ryzn said:

i only play dota 2 or pubg lite with a google chrome opened...that's also one of my speculations that the ram is not enough...but will ssd help on this? or should just upgrade my ram to maybe 6 gb ( 2gb & 4gb stick with same freq )?

A ssd would help a lot here, id do that upgrade first.

26 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

A ssd would help a lot here, id do that upgrade first.

thanks for the input. got a question regarding ssd.. i do have a small computer shop and most of the pc are experiencing 100% disk usage... would it be a good idea to put an ssd on those pc? cause i'm thinking if i put ssd on those pc, the ssd might not last long then die.