Fans Running at High RPM

LuX_
Go to solution Solved by TheKDub,
9 minutes ago, LuX_ said:

What software do you use to do that because my fan control in my bios is very restrictive and doesn't have an option for 'turn off until _' and the lowest I can set them to is 50% @ 40C. There is a grey square which I have no control over which I'm assuming is the below the bottom one I set and it is stuck at 60%

I use ASUS' AI Suite 3 (for ASUS motherboards). You'll have to use MSI Command Center for in-windows control over your fan curves.

Hi,

So I just upgraded my system fans to Corsair ML120 Pro Blue and they are running very loudly. I did some research and adjusted my smart fan mode rpm%s and the fans are still running at 1400RPM my other system fans and CPU fans are running between 600-800 rpm. I have 4 system fans and 3 motherboard headers. One of the ML120 fans is on a splitter with the cooler master fan and the cooler master fan is running fine. Can anyone offer a solution so that they run at a lower RPM? 

Specs

CPU - I5 4690K

GPU - MSI RTX2080 Trio

Fans - ML120 pro, (and a bitfenix and coolermaster fan that I'm not sure what the name is)

Mobo - MSI M Power Z97

65871040_2376759309254113_6529328743599570944_n.jpg

Have you tried adjusting the fan curve to be less aggressive?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

^^ yuuuuuup you should do that

4 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

What should an ideal fan curve look like?

Not too sure how to use this software but AUXTIN2 is a bit of an anomaly?

image.png.af50a81083bb46c67beef1a68902cc5c.png

So when I remove the fan splitter and just have my CPU cooler and the 2 other fans they all run normally? Could this be that the Fan Splitter is not PWM?

I also changed the fan curve so that is more liner and not as aggressive and it didn't fix change anything 

39 minutes ago, LuX_ said:

What should an ideal fan curve look like?

Depends on if you want better cooling or less noise. Tune it until you find the right balance.

Here's one of my case fan's curve: image.png.47da880fb6195138811f660386ee1cfa.png

Turns off until in-case temps reach 36c, then jumps to 36%. Increases to 65% at 50c, and 100% at 62c. (That's for the temperature of my motherboard, not my CPU.)

It's really something that you'll need to play around with to find the right balance for, since it'll be different for pretty much every case and fan configuration.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, LuX_ said:

So when I remove the fan splitter and just have my CPU cooler and the 2 other fans they all run normally? Could this be that the Fan Splitter is not PWM?

I also changed the fan curve so that is more liner and not as aggressive and it didn't fix change anything 

That's possible. Does the splitter have three pins or four pins?

31 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

That's possible. Does the splitter have three pins or four pins?

Four 

42 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Depends on if you want better cooling or less noise. Tune it until you find the right balance.

Here's one of my case fan's curve: image.png.47da880fb6195138811f660386ee1cfa.png

Turns off until in-case temps reach 36c, then jumps to 36%. Increases to 65% at 50c, and 100% at 62c. (That's for the temperature of my motherboard, not my CPU.)

It's really something that you'll need to play around with to find the right balance for, since it'll be different for pretty much every case and fan configuration.

What software do you use to do that because my fan control in my bios is very restrictive and doesn't have an option for 'turn off until _' and the lowest I can set them to is 50% @ 40C. There is a grey square which I have no control over which I'm assuming is the below the bottom one I set and it is stuck at 60%

9 minutes ago, LuX_ said:

I use ASUS' AI Suite 3 (for ASUS motherboards). You'll have to use MSI Command Center for in-windows control over your fan curves.

The only fan headers on your motherboard that support pwm are the cpu_fan headers. The sys_fan headers only support dc control. 

Run your ML's off of the cpu_fan headers. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

silence? 

temp.png

You may need to back it a little but bit..

Edited by DoctorNick

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

11 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

silence? 

temp.png

You may need to back it a little but bit..

Nah, they don't get loud at all. They're running based off the motherboard temp (which is close to the air temp in the case), not the CPU, AIO liquid, or GPU temps.