Cisco 3602i AC Module with Brocade ICX 6430-48P PoE Issues.

PlenumRated

What does the switch show for CDP and LLDP neighbor for that port?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

4 hours ago, brwainer said:

What does the switch show for CDP and LLDP neighbor for that port?

CDP is enabled and I think I enabled LLDP. I did a global LLDP config. I may need to re enable them.

"Just another day at the office" Captain Price -Call of Duty

13 minutes ago, Matthew45985 said:

CDP is enabled and I think I enabled LLDP. I did a global LLDP config. I may need to re enable them.

Both CDP and LLDP are means of sharing data between two devices that are directly connected - mainly switches, VOIP phones, and APs. So you should be able to see the AP as a "neighbor" via both CDP and LLDP on the switch. I would like to see the detailed output of the neighbor information.

19 hours ago, brwainer said:

Both CDP and LLDP are means of sharing data between two devices that are directly connected - mainly switches, VOIP phones, and APs. So you should be able to see the AP as a "neighbor" via both CDP and LLDP on the switch. I would like to see the detailed output of the neighbor information.

Hello. LLDP is enabled on the switch but has no neighbors. 

LLDP.PNG.a9972842c7802d24788ef280c41e7d96.PNG

3 hours ago, Matthew45985 said:

Hello. LLDP is enabled on the switch but has no neighbors. 

LLDP.PNG.a9972842c7802d24788ef280c41e7d96.PNG

How about CDP? Are you sure that LLDP is enabled on the AP as well?

Either LLDP or CDP can be used to negotiate the power, but they need to see each other as neighbors. If they don't see each other, than that explains why the AP thinks it can't use more than 15W (really 12.95W at the client end of the cable)

4 minutes ago, brwainer said:

How about CDP? Are you sure that LLDP is enabled on the AP as well?

Either LLDP or CDP can be used to negotiate the power, but they need to see each other as neighbors. If they don't see each other, than that explains why the AP thinks it can't use more than 15W (really 12.95W at the client end of the cable)

I just enabled LLDP for the AP. CDP is enabled. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew45985 said:

I just enabled LLDP for the AP. CDP is enabled. 

so do you see it as an LLDP neighbor from the switch? And/Or as a CDP neighbor? The LLDP neighbor list and CDP neighbor list are separate.

I would appreciate if you fully responded to my posts, instead of just one part. I'm putting effort out to help you, and problem solving can only happen when all of the relevant information is on the table.

9 minutes ago, brwainer said:

so do you see it as an LLDP neighbor from the switch? And/Or as a CDP neighbor? The LLDP neighbor list and CDP neighbor list are separate.

I would appreciate if you fully responded to my posts, instead of just one part. I'm putting effort out to help you, and problem solving can only happen when all of the relevant information is on the table.

Sorry for the short posts. I will include screenshots of the FDP/CDP. I still don't get any LLDP Neighbors. The AP we are looking for is AP-3602.7. I tried to disable and enable inline power on 1/1/4 to reset the AP. It assigned 802.3at and only 15w. The AP does say: "NON_CISCO-NO_CDP_RECEIVED. I looked this up and it means that the AP is getting CDP from a non CISCO device. Should I try and manually set PoE to 30w and see what happens? 

CDP/FDP

FDP.PNG.755767cfabb6491fa5eb03eb5fe69dc6.PNG

LLDP

LLDP.PNG.9c2c13ccac86156cb71e07f0591d9fbf.PNG

Edited by Matthew45985

3 hours ago, Matthew45985 said:

Sorry for the short posts. I will include screenshots of the FDP/CDP. I still don't get any LLDP Neighbors. The AP we are looking for is AP-3602.7. I tried to disable and enable inline power on 1/1/4 to reset the AP. It assigned 802.3at and only 15w. The AP does say: "NON_CISCO-NO_CDP_RECEIVED. I looked this up and it means that the AP is getting CDP from a non CISCO device. Should I try and manually set PoE to 30w and see what happens? 

CDP/FDP

FDP.PNG.755767cfabb6491fa5eb03eb5fe69dc6.PNG

LLDP

LLDP.PNG.9c2c13ccac86156cb71e07f0591d9fbf.PNG

Yes, on Brocade switches you need to set the power to 30W to allow 802.3at to function.

I'm confused/concerned about not seeing the AP on LLDP, since you say it is enabled on the AP now.

Please give the detailed output of the CDP neighbor information.

15 hours ago, brwainer said:

Yes, on Brocade switches you need to set the power to 30W to allow 802.3at to function.

I'm confused/concerned about not seeing the AP on LLDP, since you say it is enabled on the AP now.

Please give the detailed output of the CDP neighbor information.

Hello, 

I will attach the CDP information from the AP and switch below. I have set the inline power on 1/1/4 (which is where the AP is) to 30000. Class 4 and it shows as 802.3at. CDP is enabled on the Cisco AP side but can't see any neighbors. On the AP I used the command "CDP run" then a "wr". When I do a "show cdp neighbors gigabitethernet0 it comes up with nothing. On the brocade however I can see the neighbors. 

SW SIDE

2080800984_CDPSWSide.PNG.fcc9e1e9d7b7af55eae92146fadf00ce.PNG

AP SIDE

371553946_CDPAPSide.PNG.1ca0908cc029e6d518eccf805f1b66dd.PNG