Wifi USB Sticks not working properly on 5GHz

Hello everyone,

a short time ago I have bought the Fritz WLAN AC 860 Stick, with that I have problems with 5Ghz, where I often have Ping Spikes Up to 500ms for one second. I had the same problems with other sticks too, is it a problem with the sticks, or could it also be my router? (Fritz Box 7560).

If you need any pictures, let me know!

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Calv1 said:

Hello everyone,

a short time ago I have bought the Fritz WLAN AC 860 Stick, with that I have problems with 5Ghz, where I often have Ping Spikes Up to 500ms for one second. I had the same problems with other sticks too, is it a problem with the sticks, or could it also be my router? (Fritz Box 7560).

If you need any pictures, let me know!

Thanks for your help!

The best way to test if it's the router and/or Fritz sticks is to replace the router with something from a well known manufacturer, such as ASUS or Netgear, then re-test. You can try connecting directly to the router or your modem using ethernet in order to verify if it's your internet connection itself causing the ping spikes. Also, are you using the USB WiFi sticks just because of simplicity of configuration, or does your computer not have built-in WiFi?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)