undervolting 1070 laptop (no maxq)

so, here i have a MSI GE73, running a 8750h (uv -160mv) and a fat (non-max-q) 1070 (OC: memory 550/clock 250, 600+300 creates system instability). 

subject of testing is gtaV's build-in benchmark

down below you will see the game settings

bench crashed in the first second. i think it's a gpu OC issue. lowering it down to 525/225

bench crashed again, during the airplane part. 500/200 here we go again

500/200 worked like a charm, below is a printscreen of afterburner and xtu. the benchmark itself was ok, i mean movie 110 fps+, real world gaming (street car fight) 100+, and the big explosion had a 90+ fps

image.thumb.png.fc39c6cfca21006fa388ce214877cfc8.png

(for some reason while not gaming, msi afterburner loses the connection to the GPU, i think it turns off? when not used, wierd..)

soo, any tips on how to undervolt my gpu keeping in mind the 500/200 OC ? thanks!

27 minutes ago, vladNMP said:

(for some reason while not gaming, msi afterburner loses the connection to the GPU, i think it turns off? when not used, wierd..) 

NOT weird, a power saving technique for laptops, they switch to the CPU's onboard video (my old ASUS laptop did this)

you could ditch MSI Afterburner and use NvidiaInspector to do everything, but remember the lower you lower the voltage the crappier your OC is gonna be, you NEED a certain amount of power to come into the GPU for the GPU to work at the level you want it to.

6 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

NOT weird, a power saving technique for laptops, they switch to the CPU's onboard video (my old ASUS laptop did this)

you could ditch MSI Afterburner and use NvidiaInspector to do everything, but remember the lower you lower the voltage the crappier your OC is gonna be, you NEED a certain amount of power to come into the GPU for the GPU to work at the level you want it to.

i see, what do you think of the numbers? are they decent?