TridentZ BSOD ? faulty ram ?

hey dudes I need some help here, I had built a new system I put 16GB TridentZ 3000MHZ - C15D-16GTZR dam in it and I got BSOD a lot! so I thought it might of been a motherboard issue so one new motherboard later im still having the issue.

MOBO - Asus z270-a

is this a ram issue, ive read that this ram is just not good for the system I have ?

I ordered 16GB of corsair ram there C16 ram which will be here tomorrow. but what is the issue with this ram ?  

1 minute ago, pizapower said:

memtest86?

I have not ran Mem on the ram, tho I did have a spare 8gb Corsair 3000mhz stick laying around and been using it here no crashes so it could very well be the ram 

I doubt your both sticks are broken. Maybe TridentZ 3000MHZ 8gb + 8gb Corsair 3000mhz combination works fine and you don't have to use your new kit and can return it.

4 minutes ago, pizapower said:

I doubt your both sticks are broken. Maybe TridentZ 3000MHZ 8gb + 8gb Corsair 3000mhz combination works fine and you don't have to use your new kit and can return it.

ordered Corsair 16GB Vengance PRO RGB 3200MHZ ram there anyways I can always just return the trident stuff I guess 

My bad, I thought your TridentZ kit isn't new.

6 hours ago, thatssavvy said:

I have not ran Mem on the ram, tho I did have a spare 8gb Corsair 3000mhz stick laying around and been using it here no crashes so it could very well be the ram 

its rarely the ram. The rams have been binned twice, once from their manufacturer and again from vendor companies like Corsair and Gskill. I think you are getting the BSOD because you did not enable your XMP correctly or your ram is undervolted.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

20 minutes ago, Srnewbee said:

its rarely the ram. The rams have been binned twice, once from their manufacturer and again from vendor companies like Corsair and Gskill. I think you are getting the BSOD because you did not enable your XMP correctly or your ram is undervolted.

the voltage looked fine I thin 1.35 it was at not 100% sure tho and I just set the XMP profile as I always would.

Im using a 8GB corsair stick here and set the XMP the same way as I would for any ram and its works perfect, maybe it could have been the voltage but then again I am not that confident when it comes to messing with voltage so im not 

okay, if you enabled XMP and the it BSODed, then I think it is your CPU. If you ram is running at a higher frequency than previous ones, it is more taxing on the overclock. For instance, I am able to achieve a 5ghz overclock on my 8600k at 1.35v on 2000mhz ram. However, I need to apply 1.43v to get 5ghz when the ram is overclocked to 3600mhz ram.

On a side note, it might be a good idea to clean out your ram slot. There was an instance when my computer did not boot because there was a small cat hair stuck on the ram slot. 

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

Clear CMOS. Check if ram is inserted in slot A2 + B2 (the grey slots on the motherboard) Turn XMP on in bios. Then don't change anything else.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.