LG G3 Root/ROM

Hi all, this is my first post in a while, with asking help, questions for my wondering topic. I saw LTT do a Android vs Iphone video with a rooted/ rommed G3  and a new battery as the Android test subject. I too had a G3, a AT&T USA model. When i saw how the guys put new life into such an old phone, i was perplexed. I have rooted that phone with a custom rom before, but never to that degree of, well, how good it looked and ran. I always thought the LG G4 rom was cool and what i wanted(this was back in 2015 i tried all this). But sadly, many apps didnt work well with the rom, some, such as Snapchat, outright seeing the root code and blocking me from using it or my Chase Bank app said it was too old of a software version.  My question is, is there a workaround for this kind of thing? Is rooting and Custom romming a G3 any easier than it once was? And, with me having a few back up phones(work supplied) that have newer updates waiting should my current s7 active fail, is it EVEN WORTH me going through the hassle to bring the g3 back? I'm up for getting my monies worth out of th phone, as i paid for that one myself, but if its a hassle, or many features wont work, i cant be bothered to do any of it. Yknow? Thanks for being a cool community and id appreciate any help.

I didnt mention this, but i had since returned it back to stock. However one thing you mentioned is that SuperSU isnt the way anymore and thats NEW to me.   What do you mean by, the roms do not go past that Nougat version? The rom itself is closest related to that stock version of Android but nothing new after that? Goodness the latest stock g3 version was lollipop. A terrible battery draining experience.      That said, the XDA forums should be able to help me yet again with the NEW way of doing this? Thanks for the reply.

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

I mistook at as your... Idk why I did. The sig repost. Sorry haha. Okay! Thanks for the reply yet again and I will look I to this! Oh! And sorry for late replies, I don't get emails when someone says something or notifications.