AVG Anti-Virus Free and Internet security got detected as Trojan

Doge99

Hello

I used virus total to scan the avg anti virus free and internet securties (Trial) and both got detected as BScope.Trojan.Shelma.

I don't went further to install the program until i get confirmation from VirusTotal (I did contact AVG for help but he was not able to help as it help ppl only for paid customers and i sent email to the virus total about this)

Please i  need help

Thanks 

Regards

Don't run multiple anti-virus scanners as they can and will almost always flag each other. This is because of how they behave, and how they access/scan files on the system. I highly doubt AVG and the others are a trojan, but it will definitely depend on where you got them from. 

Where did you source the downloads? Why are you scanning another A/V? Why are trying to run multiple A/Vs?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

44 minutes ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Don't run multiple anti-virus scanners as they can and will almost always flag each other. This is because of how they behave, and how they access/scan files on the system. I highly doubt AVG and the others are a trojan, but it will definitely depend on where you got them from. 

Where did you source the downloads? Why are you scanning another A/V? Why are trying to run multiple A/Vs?

Avg redirected me to cent download 

And I scan using virus total

How it is possible to flag avg as Trojan

9 hours ago, xD Power Hole Stick said:

Avg redirected me to cent download 

And I scan using virus total

How it is possible to flag avg as Trojan

I don't know what cent download is, and stuff can be flagged incorrectly, it's called a false-positive.
The correct link to AVG is here: https://www.avg.com/en-ww/homepage#pc

Or, for a direct link (note, this will immediately start a download): https://www.avg.com/en-ww/download-thank-you.php?product=freegsr&amp;variant=1606

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section