Need help with choosing 24" 144Hz monitor

effik1

Hi,

I would like to get help with deciding what 24" 144Hz monitor to get. I have GeForce 1660 Ti graphics card if that's relevant. There is only few monitors like that within my budget here (which would be converted to $ somewhere around $250):

ASUS VG248QZ (TN)

Viewsonic VX2458-C-MHD (VA curved)

AOC C24G1 (VA curved)

Viewsonic XG2401 (TN)

AOC G2590PX (TN)

ZOWIE by BenQ XL2411P (TN)

Dell S2419HGF (TN)

AOC G2460PF (TN)

Monitor is gonna be used as the main monitor for gaming. The most important thing for me is perserving the "fluidity" of playing on 144Hz monitor since I'm coming from 60Hz 24" BenQ GL2460 monitor. I'm not sure if in this price range there is any difference in latency/lag or whatever between TN and VA panels but just in case there is that would be a deciding factor for me.

The next thing would be how blacks look. For example if you can distinguish things during dark scenes in movies since the monitor I have now is absolutely terrible in that regard.

And lastly probably the viewing angles. Again if there is even any diference.

I'm not really picky when it comes to how accurate the colors are it's mainly just that I would like to know what happens when something's happening in the dark as I have said.

I have never used curved monitor but hopefully I would get used to it quickly.

Thanks for the help

6 minutes ago, effik1 said:

Just but whatever the cheapest free-sync one is.

VA has better color/viewing angles compared to a TN panel

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

13 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Just but whatever the cheapest free-sync one is.

VA has better color/viewing angles compared to a TN panel

Isn't freesync not supposed to work with Nvidia cards?

The VG248QZ skips frames at 144 Hz. The G2460PF has color banding in dark shades. The VX2458-C-MHD, XG2401, C24G1, or G2590PX would probably be the best choices, depending on whether you want curved or not. I'd lean toward the VA models personally.

There's no difference in latency between panel types.

4 hours ago, effik1 said:

Isn't freesync not supposed to work with Nvidia cards?

Nvidia finally let people use free-sync a while back, can enable it on any monitor in the drivers

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 hours ago, Glenwing said:

The VG248QZ skips frames at 144 Hz. The G2460PF has color banding in dark shades. The VX2458-C-MHD, XG2401, C24G1, or G2590PX would probably be the best choices, depending on whether you want curved or not. I'd lean toward the VA models personally.

There's no difference in latency between panel types.

Thank you for your input. I might be able to get Viewsonic XG2402. Do you think it would be worth the price over those you recommended? 

1 hour ago, effik1 said:

Thank you for your input. I might be able to get Viewsonic XG2402. Do you think it would be worth the price over those you recommended? 

It's basically the same as the XG2401 but with FreeSync over HDMI support. If it's the same price then might as well get it, but I wouldn't pay extra for it personally.

Any Samsung C24FG73 lover here? I would say it easily out classed every monitor you mention above.

Primary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | M/B: Asus ROG Strix X370-F | RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 32GB | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB x2 | Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 80+ Gold 650W | Sound card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5  | Case: NZXT H500 | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Display: Samsung CHG70 27" 1440p 144Hz QLED

Secondary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | M/B: Asrock B450M Pro 4 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200MHz 16GB | GPU: Asrock RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Crucial P1 1TB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Power: Coolermaster Masterwatt 550 | CaseAerocool Cylon Mini | Cooling: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim 2 | Display: Samsung CFG73 24" 1080p 144Hz QLED

Thanks for reading

5 hours ago, Untitled said:

Any Samsung C24FG73 lover here? I would say it easily out classed every monitor you mention above.

I would be able to get that one but out of 24 reviews on a site I will be buying a monitor on, 20 of them mention noticable ghosting which is unusual amount tbh. Also most of them mention a blinking blue LED when you turn off the PC which is apparently very annoying (unless you turn off the monitor - which I'm not used to doing).

So I avoided it.

EDIT: Anyway decided and ordered Viewsonic XG2401 because of the sudden deal that was made available. Thanks everyone for your input/help.

15 hours ago, effik1 said:

I would be able to get that one but out of 24 reviews on a site I will be buying a monitor on, 20 of them mention noticable ghosting which is unusual amount tbh. Also most of them mention a blinking blue LED when you turn off the PC which is apparently very annoying (unless you turn off the monitor - which I'm not used to doing).

So I avoided it.

EDIT: Anyway decided and ordered Viewsonic XG2401 because of the sudden deal that was made available. Thanks everyone for your input/help.

so weird, i'm using it and i don't see any problem. 

Primary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | M/B: Asus ROG Strix X370-F | RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 32GB | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB x2 | Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 80+ Gold 650W | Sound card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5  | Case: NZXT H500 | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Display: Samsung CHG70 27" 1440p 144Hz QLED

Secondary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | M/B: Asrock B450M Pro 4 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200MHz 16GB | GPU: Asrock RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Crucial P1 1TB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Power: Coolermaster Masterwatt 550 | CaseAerocool Cylon Mini | Cooling: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim 2 | Display: Samsung CFG73 24" 1080p 144Hz QLED

Thanks for reading