gpu usage low

RampageGent

my gpu rtx 2080 is always running at like 30-40 % on any game i have an i5 9600k so it shouldnt be getting bottlenecked but it is going at 80-90% usage ihave 8gb of ram that not all of them get used up and b360 d3h gigabyte motherboard the temps are all good ive checked can someone help thanks in advance 

If the CPU is at 90% its kinda bottlenecking your GPU.
Also you might (MIGHT!) get an improvement with another 8GB RAM to make it 16GB since some games use a lot of memory now.
Altho i wouldnt know why a 6 core would be taxxed so much.

Have you done a virus scan recently or an adware scan and the like?
Open up Taskmanager (while running the game) and see whats taking up all the CPU.
Also make sure the game is running of the RTX GPU and not the onboard one fo your CPU.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

10 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

If the CPU is at 90% its kinda bottlenecking your GPU.
Also you might (MIGHT!) get an improvement with another 8GB RAM to make it 16GB since some games use a lot of memory now.
Altho i wouldnt know why a 6 core would be taxxed so much.

Have you done a virus scan recently or an adware scan and the like?
Open up Taskmanager (while running the game) and see whats taking up all the CPU.
Also make sure the game is running of the RTX gUP and not the onboard one fo your CPU.

about the virus thing i thought of that and i just reformatted my pc before posting this  but its still the same and the cpu is being taken up by the game or something like antmalware or system stuff 

2 minutes ago, RampageGent said:

about the virus thing i thought of that and i just reformatted my pc but its still the same and the cpu is being taken up by the game or something like antmalware or system stuff 

Maybe this will do it for you https://www.howtogeek.com/351522/how-to-choose-which-gpu-a-game-uses-on-windows-10/

Also keep in mind some games prefer to use more CPU others use more GPU. 
So the more info you give, like other hardware what games you play and so on, people might find it easier to help. 

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

10 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Maybe this will do it for you https://www.howtogeek.com/351522/how-to-choose-which-gpu-a-game-uses-on-windows-10/

Also keep in mind some games prefer to use more CPU others use more GPU. 
So the more info you give, like other hardware what games you play and so on, people might find it easier to help. 

oh yeah i just remembered on msi after burner my gpu somtimes pulses to 7000mhz on mem and 1650 on clock also iv checked benchmarks on the games im playing and they in no way resemble what i get in games in Rainbow six siege:avg 120fps battlefield 1:avg 70 would changing my motherboard effect anything at all

43 minutes ago, RampageGent said:

oh yeah i just remembered on msi after burner my gpu somtimes pulses to 7000mhz on mem and 1650 on clock also iv checked benchmarks on the games im playing and they in no way resemble what i get in games in Rainbow six siege:avg 120fps battlefield 1:avg 70 would changing my motherboard effect anything at all

8gb of ram for some games isn't enough, get one stick more and think about getting better mobo, this one doesn't overclock and may not supply enough power for the cpu.

11 hours ago, wojtepanik said:

8gb of ram for some games isn't enough, get one stick more and think about getting better mobo, this one doesn't overclock and may not supply enough power for the cpu.

heres the thing sometimes when im not doing anything the boost clock just randomly goes up both it and memory clock on the gpu on msi afterburner