Did I kill my Mac?

So, I broke my macbook screen (A1706) and I ordered a new one and it's coming in tommorow.

Since I know it's coming in tommorow I took my macbook apart and removed the old display assembly and now when I turn on the MacBook nothing comes up on the touchbar, the only signs of life are the fans spinning, the trackpad activating and USB power still works.

I was thinking maybe it won't boot because the case cover is not on the MacBook or maybe it won't boot up without a display plugged in.

A1706 2016 13" MacBook Pro W/touchbar

35 minutes ago, BlazedHardware said:

So, I broke my macbook screen (A1706) and I ordered a new one and it's coming in tommorow.

Since I know it's coming in tommorow I took my macbook apart and removed the old display assembly and now when I turn on the MacBook nothing comes up on the touchbar, the only signs of life are the fans spinning, the trackpad activating and USB power still works.

I was thinking maybe it won't boot because the case cover is not on the MacBook or maybe it won't boot up without a display plugged in.

A1706 2016 13" MacBook Pro W/touchbar

I'd say it's some sort of fail safe given that their is no screen actually hardware via the hardware (hopefully that's the reason). 

Finger's crossed

3 minutes ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

I'd say it's some sort of fail safe given that their is no screen actually hardware via the hardware (hopefully that's the reason). 

Finger's crossed

Hopefully, otherwise rip 1500$