Hard drive access question

First of all this is my first post here at LTT's forum so any advice or correction would be appreciated.

So here's the thing, I have an external HDD destinated to "sketchy" things and that kind of stuff that I'm afraid to try on my main drive even thou I've paid for Norton antivirus. The time has passed and now my main drive is an m.2 SSD which I shouldn't be taking off too frequently like I used to do with my old HDD to avoid an infection so I was wondering if there's a software solution for this, you know just to make my "sketchy" Windows installation unable to read, write or do any kind of use of my other drives, thanks in advance for taking your time to answer.

Virtual machines. Look into Oracle VM VirtualBox. Of course nothing's fullproof but for most run of the mill viruses this will keep them from going anywhere. Then provided your OS is fully patched it should keep those other little exploits in check.

Seems a bit OTT but up to you. If you don't want to physically disconnect them then just disable them in device manager.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.