Cant install drivers

So after seeing that there was a update for radeon settings i tried to install it but as soon as the installer starts the entire pc locks up, ive tried running ddu and then install it again but the same thing happens. Ive also tried without a gpu in and just running the igpu and trying to install the drivers for that also locks the system up. Ive tried reinstalling windows, removing all my overclocks, using older drivers and only 1 ram stick at a time and it still locks up.

Edit: It now also freezes during windows installation.

Edited by Star Paladin Vinyl
More info

Did you try installing the driver from safe mode? I'm getting the impression this may be a Software conflict not a hardware problem.

12 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you try installing the driver from safe mode? I'm getting the impression this may be a Software conflict not a hardware problem.

I have tried safemode the same thing happens

8 minutes ago, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

I have tried safemode the same thing happens

Then either Safe mode isn't full-proof or it is a hardware problem. You said you reinstalled Windows but did you try a different HDD/SSD? I kind of doubt it but you could try a different PSU.

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Then either Safe mode isn't full-proof or it is a hardware problem. You said you reinstalled Windows but did you try a different HDD/SSD? I kind of doubt it but you could try a different PSU.

I tried another hdd but i cant try another PSU as i dont have a spare one to test with.

10 minutes ago, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

I tried another hdd but i cant try another PSU as i dont have a spare one to test with.

Hmm...if I get any other ideas I'll comment again.

Do you use your computer for anything CPU/GPU intensive? Have you put either under load since you discovered the problem? If either test freezes/crashes the computer that would give us some answers.

If you get the computer to freeze, restart it, then check Windows Event Viewer that may tell you something.

1 hour ago, Windows7ge said:

Do you use your computer for anything CPU/GPU intensive? Have you put either under load since you discovered the problem? If either test freezes/crashes the computer that would give us some answers.

If you get the computer to freeze, restart it, then check Windows Event Viewer that may tell you something.

There is nothing running except the driver installer whenever it freezes, i would check Windows Event Viewer but it wont even boot atm after a windows update

8 minutes ago, Star Paladin Vinyl said:

There is nothing running except the driver installer whenever it freezes, i would check Windows Event Viewer but it wont even boot atm after a windows update

So we've gone from bad to worse XD.

16 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

So we've gone from bad to worse XD.

Pretty much unfortunally