Surface 4 with i7 or Surface 6 with i5

If you had a choice between

Surface 4 with i7 and 16gb Ram, 256 HD 

or

Surface 6 with i5, 8gb Ram, 256 HD 

witch one would you pick. I am having trouble finding benchmarks

I find that a used Surface 4 with i7 and 16gb Ram, 256 HD is very similar in the price range.

Stuart

Probably the 4 for the ram

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

The Surface Pro 4 has a 6650U with Iris 540 graphics and the Surface Pro 6 has a 8350U with UHD 620 graphics.

The Pro 4 has double the memory (obviously) and the Iris graphics are faster by 10-25% (it's going to vary a lot depending on the game and how much additional thermal load the CPU is under). Keep in mind that in both cases it's integrated graphics so either one is useless outside of esports and older games.

The Pro 6 has an 8th gen i5 which was a huge step up from previous generations. IPC and turboing improvements mean it can potentially match the older i7 in single threaded performance. But the newest i5 now has twice the cores and twice the threads; in most CPU workloads you can expect the Pro 6 to be 80-90% faster.

The surface pro 6 because it has 2 extra processing cores. Even a seventh gen i7 would be slower than an 8th gen i5