Searching for a new camcorder, 2160p for £2160? Not funny.

Cosmos_i7

i was looking around for a new camcorder and I know the new Sony camera was 4K at $2000, so I found it on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-AX100X-Camcorder-Exmor-Sensor/dp/B00HR684W6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390772668&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+ax100

Very funny Amazon/Sony. £2160 for 2160p. Was that to hide the fact that not only did you just literally change the $ sign to a £ sign but you added 160 on top for a laugh. When it comes to technology exchange rates simply don't apply.

Instead I may just go for a cheaper 1080p until something reasonable comes up. Should be half that price at least. 

Just my thoughts. 

EDIT: Here is the US equivalent: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-FDR-AX100-Video-Camera-3-5-Inch/dp/B00HNJWVIA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390772472&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+ax100

Why not buy a Note 3? I know won't be as good, but it is a lot cheaper.

Quote me to get a reply!

Why not a 1440p?

1440p seems to be a bit stationary as it is, it looks like there will just be a jump from 1080 to 4K. My GoPro does 1440p but I don't really use it that much, 1080p is just better to work with other footage from other cameras.

A pound per, that's amazing :o

A jolly good laugh I say! At that price I may as well go professional with the BlackMagic cameras.

Why not buy a Note 3? I know won't be as good, but it is a lot cheaper.

I do own one in the household however it is quite limited, no zoom, aperture control, etc. It is just 4k and I'm not after resolution I'm after quality. I just thought I may as well have a look and see if it is worth buying this early.