[Discussion/List of] Laptops with decent built in audio hardware (dac/amp)

Hello!

Please help me compile a list of laptops that has decent built in audio hardware straight from the factory. This would include built in dacs/amps, use of premium audio codecs/components, gold plated jacks and anything in between. The quality of built in speakers are not considered seriously as I prioritize whether the machine can drive decent pair of headphones without needing an external dac.

So far I went through MSIs' offerings and their GE/GS and GT series seem to have ess sabre dacs. The GS and GE lineup does have 24 bit/192 kHz support and separate headphone out/mic in jacks while GT series has 32 bit/384 kHz support and 4 separate audio jacks (headphone out/mic in/line in/line out) although I am uncertain which exact model of ESS dacs they ship with.

Similarly I went through other popular manufacturers, unfortunately their product line ups are quite confusing. Asus' new zephyrus lineup and some g7xx/g7xx models are advertised with hi-res audio support. Aorus' x5/x7 does seem to have sabre dacs on board too. It'd be great if someone who has idea of the different notebook lineups in the market can help me compile a list sorted by either brand, weight or segment (thin & light/desktop replacement)

Thanks in advance.

Why it must be built-in audio? USB soundcards like Prodigy Cube are small enough and have great quality. You can take it anywhere with your laptop.

Number of bits or frequency should not be a factor too unles you're a bat and can hear ultrasounds. Good quality audio card that produces CLEAN 16 bit / 44100 Hz will be better than some 24/192 cards with bad components. It's not that more = better. I recommend you to see that video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIQ9IXSUzuM