Huawei's Software Support For Existing Products

Hello everyone,

I'm completely new here but I felt compelled to ask about this and get at least opinions if not answers from a community, I've heard great things about and hope I can trust since I highly regard the channle it's based on.

Me Rambling For Three Sentances
So to explain my situation shortly I've recently graduated and plan to continue on studying in university after summer, which means I'll need to buy a laptop to do work on as one won't be provided by the school. I've been looking around at some more premium options for this which has lead me to laptops such as the Dell XPS 13, HP Envy 13, Asus Zenbook S (13, 14 and whatever else), Surface Laptop 2 and finally the Huawei Matebook X Pro (as well as the other Huawei laptops). Out of these the Matebook X Pro stood out to me as one of the better options regarding specs, looks etc.

Actual Question
The problem of course as you all should know is the Huawei ban that's been taking place in the US and my question to anyone who's watching this is, what will happen with Windows updates on the currently existing Huawei Matebook devices? Will they continue to be updated normally as they already have a license that pre-dates the Huawei ban, or can or would Microsoft be able to block users with Huawei devices from receiving their updates?
As this information seems pretty scares on the web and rather hard to find I'd like to attempt to get as much information out of this post as possible to perhaps not just help me in my decisions but help others who have similar concerns of purchasing one now or currently owning a Huawei laptop.

Sincerely,
Joey

P.S: Sorry if my english isn't perfect.

The ban, which has been delayed, only concerns Huawei as a device manufacturer. It's their obligation to provide support to all devices sold by them and I believe they will honor the obligation.

Even if Huawei stopped providing driver updates, you can still download them from component manufacturers' website, i.e., AMD, Intel, Realtek, Nvidia, etc.

Microsoft will not stop providing updates to existing Huawei machines, but may revoke Huawei's ability to preload Windows if it escalates.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

5 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

The ban, which has been delayed, only concerns Huawei as a device manufacturer. It's their obligation to provide support to all devices sold by them and I believe they will honor the obligation.

Even if Huawei stopped providing driver updates, you can still download them from component manufacturers' website, i.e., AMD, Intel, Realtek, Nvidia, etc.

Microsoft will not stop providing updates to existing Huawei machines, but may revoke Huawei's ability to preload Windows if it escalates.

Alright, sorry I didn't respond eariler but thunder literally struck my house and knocked out our router, been spending the last 5 hours getting a new one. Thanks for your info though.

2 minutes ago, Joey Hamlet said:

thunder literally struck my house and knocked out our router, been spending the last 5 hours getting a new one.

You should get a surge protector to prevent damage to electronic due to lightning strike, or just unplug you device during thunderstorm. Get a grounded lightning conductor if necessary.

Stay safe.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

6 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Stay safe.

Thanks for your concern but it's fine, nothing else was damaged and the rest of our equipment still worked. This is a bit off topic though.