m.2 windows installation help please

Bakes

I brought a new pc today specs are

GA-AX370-gaming k5

Ryzen 7 2700x

16gb corsair 3000

gtx 1070

I installed a xpg sx8200, went to bios and turned off csm support....now my manual says i should see a "windows 10 features" tab but i don't..It also say's that it is only configurable when win 10 features are set to windows 10 or widows 10 WHQL

My bios is version F31, date 05/06/19

i used rufus to create a win 10 with uefi

I have no idea how to get this working, any help greatly appreciated..

Use the official Windows Media Creation Tool may help.

Also, keep in mind that earlier BIOS feature may be removed in later revision, which will not be documented.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

ok, i'll give that a try thankyou!

55 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Use the official Windows Media Creation Tool may help.

Also, keep in mind that earlier BIOS feature may be removed in later revision, which will not be documented.

Didn't work, still get the same message that no storage device can be found, i'm guessing i need the adata drivers but i can't find anything, i thought microsoft drives woild work, i must be doing something wrong :(

2 minutes ago, Bakes said:

Didn't work, still get the same message that no storage device can be found, i'm guessing i need the adata drivers but i can't find anything, i thought microsoft drives woild work, i must be doing something wrong :(

So you can boot from the installation media but you can find the drive? Interesting, because the USB drive created by official Windows Media Creation Tool has the native Microsoft NVMe driver built in, so the SSD should be recognized if properly configured.

Is the drive even recognized in BIOS? The drive might not be recognized if you have switch the mode of the M.2 slot to SATA instead of NVMe. Or perhaps it was not correctly installed and screwed in?

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

6 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

So you can boot from the installation media but you can find the drive? Interesting, because the USB drive created by official Windows Media Creation Tool has the native Microsoft NVMe driver built in, so the SSD should be recognized if properly configured.

Is the drive even recognized in BIOS? The drive might not be recognized if you have switch the mode of the M.2 slot to SATA instead of NVMe. Or perhaps it was not correctly installed and screwed in?

The ssd is not recognised in the bios but i read somewhere that it wouldn't be until it has its drivers..Thats what i thought, i must be doing something wrong in the bios, or the drive simply dosen't work. How would i switch the mode? i didn't think you could...I can unscrew it and reinstall it..

Just now, Bakes said:

The ssd is not recognised in the bios but i read somewhere that it wouldn't be until it has its drivers..Thats what i thought, i must be doing something wrong in the bios, or the drive simply dosen't work. How would i switch the mode? i didn't think you could...I can unscrew it and reinstall it..

BIOS does not require a driver to see the drive. If it's electrically connected, correctly configured and works properly, it will show up in BIOS.

It's either something wrong with you BIOS setting(s) or the drive is dead.

Try loading UEFI default and reboot, see if that fixes anything. If not, test the drive on another computer (or in an external enclosure), if the drive is still not recognized then the drive could have failed.

5 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

BIOS does not require a driver to see the drive. If it's electrically connected, correctly configured and works properly, it will show up in BIOS.

It's either something wrong with you BIOS setting(s) or the drive is dead.

Try loading UEFI default and reboot, see if that fixes anything. If not, test the drive on another computer (or in an external enclosure), if the drive is still not recognized then the drive could have failed.

Ok thankyou so much for your help, i will try and re-seat it tomorrow or find someone that can help me test it..