Low framerates with a gtx 1070?

Hi, so I decided to play destiny 2 again because why not, it's been two or three months since last time. I have a GTX 1070, 12GB of 3000MHz ram (getting another 4GB tomorrow, don't worry) and a Ryzen 5 1600. Nothing is underclocked, undervolted, overheating, and I even tried some overclocking, temps were cool and all, but it didn't help. Anyways, I was playing, and I was getting below 60fps, no matter the settings, in fact, I got higher framerates at max settings than low settings. Does anyone have an idea of what could be the issue? The system is 100% stable too.

35 minutes ago, _CrisisRogue said:

Hi, so I decided to play destiny 2 again because why not, it's been two or three months since last time. I have a GTX 1070, 12GB of 3000MHz ram (getting another 4GB tomorrow, don't worry) and a Ryzen 5 1600. Nothing is underclocked, undervolted, overheating, and I even tried some overclocking, temps were cool and all, but it didn't help. Anyways, I was playing, and I was getting below 60fps, no matter the settings, in fact, I got higher framerates at max settings than low settings. Does anyone have an idea of what could be the issue? The system is 100% stable too.

That's pretty wierd. I get ~60 fps with my GT 1030 (at 1080p medium). I'd suggest checking cpu/gpu/ram usage whilst in game. If it's not being utilised fully then i don't know whats wrong but that's a wierd problem.

Also...What resolution are you at? 1080p i'm guessing. I'd say to check Nvidia control panel aswell as just a little while ago i started getting ~35fps on half life 2 and realised that i was supersampling to 3840x2160 so see if that's doing anything?

2 minutes ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

That's pretty wierd. I get ~60 fps with my GT 1030. I'd suggest checking cpu/gpu/ram usage whilst in game. If it's not being utilised fully then i don't know whats wrong but that's a wierd problem.

Also...What resolution are you at? 1080p i'm guessing. I'd say to check Nvidia control panel aswell as just a little while ago i started getting ~35fps on half life 2 and realised that i was supersampling to 3840x2160 so see if that's doing anything?

Yeah i get better frames on my i5-2400 with a 1030 too lol, ill check the control panel like you said, but task manager said nothing weird, ill screencap later

Edit: control panel doesnt seem to have any anomalies

Edited by _CrisisRogue

6 minutes ago, _CrisisRogue said:

Yeah i get better frames on my i5-2400 with a 1030 too lol, ill check the control panel like you said, but task manager said nothing weird, ill screencap later

Edit: control panel doesnt seem to have any anomalies

image.thumb.png.23e281715ea644684f7d5164a99f682f.pngso that's what it looks like (sorry if it's in French), but it seems completely fine