Gigabyte AORUS RX 580 8gb

SooWhat

Is it a good version of rx 580?

Any problems compared to other cards?

Noisy? Warmer than it should be?

Any extra info would be great

AMD generally runs hotter, likely due to higher power consumption.  Once you're around the $200 price range, it's generally better to go for the GTX 1660.  You can also wait for the Navi cards to come out July 7th to see if NVIDIA cards drop in price to compete.  The real AMD deal is in the RX 570, since I've seen it as low as $110 + 2 games (World War Z & The Division 2 - Gold).  Anything above that pretty much pushes into better performance, power consumption and heat from NVIDIA range.

From what I can see, your specific model is pushin around the $300, so it'd be even better to go w/a GTX 1660 TI or wait for the possible lowered prices of the RTX 2060 after Navi's launch.

If you're lookin to stick w/AMD or that specific card, then I haven't heard anything bad about it, whatsoever.

Primary

CPU:      i9-10900k 3.7-5.3GHz (10th gen)

GPU:      EVGA RTX 3080ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12gb

MB:         ASUS RoG Maximus XIII Hero (ATX)

RAM:      64gb (4x16) DDR4-3200MHz G.Skill TridentZ Silver/Black (CL16)

HD:         1x 8TB Corsair MP400 NVMe PCIe 3.0 (SSD)

2x 16TB Seagate Exos 7200rpm (HDD)

E-HD:     12TB WD

PSU:       EVGA 1000w G2, 80+ Gold (modular)

UPS:       900w CyberPower

Display:   ASUS 27” 1440p/270Hz IPS 0.5ms (XG27AQM)

Aorus 27" 1440p/165Hz IPS 1ms (FI27Q-P) iGPU

KeyB:      EVGA Z15 (wired)

Mouse:    Logitech G-502 Hero (400/600/800/1000)

Headset: JBL Quantum ONE Gaming Headset

Case:      Cooler Master MasterCase H500P Mesh (ATX)

Other:     XB-1 Wireless Controller Adapter w/Controller

NPET H01 Gaming Mouse Bungee Cord Holder w/4 USB Ports

Gaming Computer Specs.pdf

On 6/14/2019 at 5:55 AM, Taintedmind said:

AMD generally runs hotter, likely due to higher power consumption.  Once you're around the $200 price range, it's generally better to go for the GTX 1660.  You can also wait for the Navi cards to come out July 7th to see if NVIDIA cards drop in price to compete.  The real AMD deal is in the RX 570, since I've seen it as low as $110 + 2 games (World War Z & The Division 2 - Gold).  Anything above that pretty much pushes into better performance, power consumption and heat from NVIDIA range.

From what I can see, your specific model is pushin around the $300, so it'd be even better to go w/a GTX 1660 TI or wait for the possible lowered prices of the RTX 2060 after Navi's launch.

If you're lookin to stick w/AMD or that specific card, then I haven't heard anything bad about it, whatsoever.

Sooo basically I bought an used Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8Gb for its quieter fans. Going to see how it performs tomorrow.