Which monitor would you get of these two?

Matex9990
Go to solution Solved by xKyric,
1 minute ago, Matex9990 said:

My current most played games are Assetto Corsa (which I play fairly competitive) and World of Tanks. I tend to play Battlefield as well and we do sometimes jump on Rainbow Six Siege with a few friends, play it intensively for a couple of days then drop it again for a little while. I also play a fair bit of RTS games. (Total War, Men of War etc.)

Whichever you get, I'd go with your gut. 

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently building a pc and am looking for a monitor at the moment. 

I have an RTX 2080. 

I won't use it for video editing or anything like that. But I do play some games where I would enjoy nice visuals.

Of these two:

- Dell S2719DGF https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HRZ57ZZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nvsaDbT5JBHCM

- ASUS XG32VQ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077831TBZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lzsaDb8CK9P7R

Which would you get? My budget is around £400 but I can push it a little bit if its worth it.

Also, do any of you have these? What are your thoughts on them? 

As far as I'm aware these work fine with g-sync, if your experience says otherwise, please say so. 

Thank you all in advance! 

I'd get Asus one because of VA panel and 32' curved size.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

I'd go for the S2719DGF. The extra 155Hz and 1ms response time are appealing.

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

23 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I'd get Asus one because of VA panel and 32' curved size.

4 minutes ago, xKyric said:

I'd go for the S2719DGF. The extra 155Hz and 1ms response time are appealing.

Thank you for your responses. 

This is exactly why I can't decide between the two. The Asus probably has better picture quality but the Dell has higher refresh rate and better response time. 

I'm afraid of ghosting on the 4ms VA panel ?

Or should I not be?

53 minutes ago, Matex9990 said:

Thank you for your responses. 

This is exactly why I can't decide between the two. The Asus probably has better picture quality but the Dell has higher refresh rate and better response time. 

I'm afraid of ghosting on the 4ms VA panel ?

Or should I not be?

I mean, would I notice a difference in a fast paced game between the two? Would the asus one be just fine or could it have major drawbacks?

1 hour ago, Matex9990 said:

I mean, would I notice a difference in a fast paced game between the two? Would the asus one be just fine or could it have major drawbacks?

What games are you looking to play? If it's competitive titles, you could use an extra 10FPS, If you play games for a storyline and great graphics, you might appreciate the ASUS display. 

-Discord

4 minutes ago, xKyric said:

What games are you looking to play? If it's competitive titles, you could use an extra 10FPS, If you play games for a storyline and great graphics, you might appreciate the ASUS display. 

My current most played games are Assetto Corsa (which I play fairly competitive) and World of Tanks. I tend to play Battlefield as well and we do sometimes jump on Rainbow Six Siege with a few friends, play it intensively for a couple of days then drop it again for a little while. I also play a fair bit of RTS games. (Total War, Men of War etc.)

1 minute ago, Matex9990 said:

-Discord

43 minutes ago, xKyric said:

I kinda sold myself the Dell one in the end. I was too afraid of the possible shortcomings of the Asus display. The Dell is also cheaper so... To be honest my only worry about the Dell was the colour reproduction, but from my research I found that it is not bad at all (and excellent for a TN panel).

I Also thought that if I really don't like the colours or the size, I can always buy another display later and use this as a 2nd monitor or just sell it.....

Thank you for your input, you did help me make my mind up!

2 hours ago, Matex9990 said:

I kinda sold myself the Dell one in the end. I was too afraid of the possible shortcomings of the Asus display. The Dell is also cheaper so... To be honest my only worry about the Dell was the colour reproduction, but from my research I found that it is not bad at all (and excellent for a TN panel).

I Also thought that if I really don't like the colours or the size, I can always buy another display later and use this as a 2nd monitor or just sell it.....

Thank you for your input, you did help me make my mind up!

No problem. Have fun gaming!  

-Discord