Aio cooling on both cpu and gpu concerns.

So I am planning to make a build for the new 3900x ryzen cpu with Lian Li 011 Dynamic. I am planning to water cool both the cpu and the gpu(2080) with the nzxt g12 bracket.
The water cooler for the cpu is:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XWYY83S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

and the water cooler cooler for the gpu is:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009VV56TY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

I haven't bought the Aios yet so tell me if there are better solutions.

That out the way, my main concern is that the radiator sticks out a bit more than the fans. I don't know if the case that supports a single 360 will support a 240 plus 120.

I know that i could just mount the rads separately but  It would look quite awkward.

Here is a drawing for my plan:
image.png.d3c97db1819f53e500b7e6c041baf91e.png

Ps. I'm planning to hide the fans behind the radiators.

What about a custom loop? ? perfect case for it also worth the combo you want to build (depending on benchmarks to come)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

What about a custom loop? ? perfect case for it also worth the combo you want to build (depending on benchmarks to come)

Have looked into it. but all the option I found is more expensive than to just have two 360mm. the current solution costs around 315 dollars. and a custom loop stuff i find on amazon is way beyond that price point. Also i'm unsure if i'm confident enough to do custom water loop.

8 minutes ago, JerryBerry said:

Have looked into it. but all the option I found is more expensive than to just have two 360mm. the current solution costs around 315 dollars. and a custom loop stuff i find on amazon is way beyond that price point. Also i'm unsure if i'm confident enough to do custom water loop.

Nah that’s a fair point. Oh not sure how well a 120mm aio cools tho, but think others here on the forum can give you better advice about that ☺️

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

have you looked at EK's fluid series? Its all aluminum so it's a lot cheaper. I think you can get a loop with a 360 rad for $300 / all parts included

Otherwise, i'd say this should work drawn up the way you have it, with the tubes on polar opposite ends

3 minutes ago, Derrk said:

have you looked at EK's fluid series? Its all aluminum so it's a lot cheaper. I think you can get a loop with a 360 rad for $300 / all parts included

Otherwise, i'd say this should work drawn up the way you have it, with the tubes on polar opposite ends

yes but the radiator is longer than the fans? the case have enough wiggle room?

image.png.2d8fbad1f5075e39ad4069d14b5e363a.png

Looks like it is going to be quite close but looks like it "should" work
Not 100% sure but also guesing that with a couple more googles you could get a schematic of sorts to compare everything up properly and see it it fits "virtually" first. 

10 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Nah that’s a fair point. Oh not sure how well a 120mm aio cools tho, but think others here on the forum can give you better advice about that ☺️

hmmm you are right! 2080 is a 215 tdp monster while most people use 120mm to cool i5 which usually sits around 95 tdp

4 minutes ago, Derrk said:

also the custom loop thing. I went to their website and I can't quite find one for 300 dollars with a gpu block

6 minutes ago, JerryBerry said:

yes but the radiator is longer than the fans? the case have enough wiggle room?

image.png.2d8fbad1f5075e39ad4069d14b5e363a.png

Here's the link to 360mm Fluid Gaming kit

Based on the length of the rails, i'd imagine it could fit but can't make any promises.

5 minutes ago, Derrk said:

Here's the link to 360mm Fluid Gaming kit

Based on the length of the rails, i'd imagine it could fit but can't make any promises.

I just realized another problem. I don't think a single 360 can handle both 3900x and 2080. can it? They might be both used 100% for extended use due to rendering. Sorry for the hassle

19 minutes ago, JerryBerry said:

I just realized another problem. I don't think a single 360 can handle both 3900x and 2080. can it? They might be both used 100% for extended use due to rendering. Sorry for the hassle

I usually recommend at least 240mm per component if you plan on fully overclocking. However, a 360 custom-loop will perform better than 2 AIOs. I don't expect you to have any throttling, but the great thing about custom loops is that if you want more cooling, you could add another radiator later - just don't mix metals

2 minutes ago, Derrk said:

I usually recommend at least 240mm per component if you plan on fully overclocking. However, a 360 custom-loop will perform better than 2 AIOs. I don't expect you to have any throttling, but the great thing about custom loops is that if you want more cooling, you could add another radiator later - just don't mix metals

Speaking of 240mm radiators. I just realized i got this old 240mm in my basement. I abandoned it because I lost the pack of screws it came with. and I don't think g12 requires the mounting kits, does it?image.png.3b409c56249679d4ab42f6493c29a565.png

Alright thanks everyone. I think I got a plan now. It would've gone horribly if it wasn't for yall advice. eg. putting a 120 on rtx 2080.

my plan so far is to just buy the kraken g12 first and see if the h115i fits. Then i'll go from there.

11 minutes ago, JerryBerry said:

Alright thanks everyone. I think I got a plan now. It would've gone horribly if it wasn't for yall advice. eg. putting a 120 on rtx 2080.

my plan so far is to just buy the kraken g12 first and see if the h115i fits. Then i'll go from there.

Let me know how it goes ?

10 hours ago, JerryBerry said:

I don't think the 120mm on the 2080 would have been too much of an issue. GPUs are generally easier to cool than CPUs, and remember that EVGAs water cooled 2080TI comes with a 120mm AIO and apparently performs fantastically. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68