[deleted]

User5537135
10 minutes ago, DrySoup said:

I was wondering if there was any way to create a new admin profile using this without signing in. 

not sure I understand the question, you want to create a new user, but you don't want to sign in ... sign in into what exactly? The PC itself?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

i'm curious where you got the machine from and why you have no admin credentials. It is part of a work domain or is it a home workgroup?

1 minute ago, DrySoup said:

Sorry but I don’t really get what you mean. Like a web domain?

is the PC part of a school or business?

* thread cleaned *

Lets first try to see if we can figure out what is the issue before jumping to conclusions, deal?

1 minute ago, DrySoup said:

I don’t have the password to any individual users, but I have the admin password for the pc. So I’m looking for a way to create a new user without signing in.

I attached an image of where I changed the admin password if that clarifies anything.

*snip*

That's just the BIOS, you can't do anything from there.

If you don't have access to the PC, then there's not much we can do to help...

ok so screenshot is for the BIOS,. 

OP doesn't have windows login creds. Highly suspect. I'm checking out and not helping as seems suspect.

Probably best to just clean install windows. 

Seems a bit dodgy, why not sign in ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

13 minutes ago, DrySoup said:

Okay just to clarify, it used to be part of a school, but it was old and they were going to throw it out so I asked and they just let me have it. So I shoved some RAM in it and hoped for the best. I know that might sound fake, but hey it’s the truth.

So, there’s no way to create a new user without being signed in? Is there a way to boot to command prompt and if so, would it possible to do it from there? Changing the password gave me the power to lock the BIOS and the pc itself so I would be surprised if there isn’t a way. By the way I’m not looking to get into the existing users just make a new one. If there isn’t then I can just do a fresh install of windows 10.

If it was owned by a school, then it was on a domain. For sure there's a local admin account that you can recuperate.

What Windows version is installed? And what are the specs?

there will likely be a local admin account and this can be bypassed using specific software. i have done this in the past by booting from my USB stick into a windows pe environment and using some tools to remove passwords.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, UrbanFreestyle said:

there will likely be a local admin account and this can be bypassed using specific software. i have done this in the past by booting from my USB stick into a windows pe environment and using some tools to remove passwords.

the school's image might have had a domain policy to completely disable the local admin account?

1 minute ago, vaiwalker said:

the school's image might have had a domain policy to completely disable the local admin account?

Possibly, either way, bad times are ahead for the OP lol

There's no way of telling if it was on a domain or not.  I don't think domains are common in schools, like they are in the corporate world.

If you have no access to any of the accounts, then bar far, the easiest method is to make a bootable USB drive for Windows 10 or Linux, whichever you prefer, wipe the hard drive clean and clean install the OS of choice.  Dell's are very easy to find drivers for, assuming you are using Windows.

I hate making assumptions, but it sounds like you might be new at this.  Great opportunity to have a friend show you as a learning experience.  

If you got a used computer from a business/school just wipe it clean and start fresh. No point in being nosy with other peoples' information or what was saved on their drives.

But you know.... if the disks or data wasn't ever encrypted then you could probably access the stuff using a live USB.