B450M Steel Legend by Asrock

Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,

Its VRM based. and the VRM isnt amazing. you will find it in the budget overclockers section. 

its VRM is slightly worse than the ASrock Pro4, and in the end its down to the heatsink. 

Well, I'd have question regarding these mobos. According to most reviews, these are very good in price-to-performance point of view. Yet, the AMD Reddit AM4 mobo Tier list ranked it as quite the low-end board, with poor VRM cooling.

Can anyone confirm or contradict these? Anyone using these with successful heavy OC-ing? Reason for asking, because aesthetically I kinda like this board, and it is priced reasonably

Here is the list, I was referring to

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Not suited for heavy OC-ing.

This may be a worst case scenario, but with a 2700X (I think), one reviewer reached +100°.

For lighter CPUs, it will be ”adequate” with some airflow, but have common sense, OC-ing with no case airflow?

Its VRM based. and the VRM isnt amazing. you will find it in the budget overclockers section. 

its VRM is slightly worse than the ASrock Pro4, and in the end its down to the heatsink. 

Thank you both @MarcoTheNoob & @GoldenLag . Though it's interesting, that the Pro4 actually has such a good capability in dissipating VRM heat. Ie.: The video done by HW unboxed ranked the Fatal1ty Gaming K4 (which shares the same VRM as Pro4) quite well in terms of VRM cooling. Curious though.

• 1 month later...

I must resurrect this thread yet again.

I'd be still interested in this board as I'm planning a new build, and I just like it's design&aesthetics... Heavy OC would not be a factor, as I'd rather not go above 1.39-1.38V on cpu core voltages& 1.075 on VSOC voltages. Would these be capable of handling those values? For CPU cooling, I'd be using either Fera3 or ID Cooling SE-214X (due to their incredibly cheap price..) As far as I know, the former is quite decent in providing enough AirFlow to VRM heatsinks. I Guess it would serve well for a 3600 with mild OC (1.39V max!)

thanks in advance for the responses.