YouTuber/Streamer about to buy PC TODAY with limited knowledge.. help!

Pedakin

THIS: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XRHj6s

Is the current parts list I have compiled over the last 3 weeks using YouTube, Google, Reddit, linustechtips, thetechgame, and of course PcPartPicker. This was done with my limited knowledge on PC's and what all goes into the process of building them, I am going to buy some if not ALL the parts today or tomorrow. So I want to do one last "Are you guys SURE SURE?!" because as I've said: Limited knowledge on my end.

So PLEASE if you have any recommendations for something lower in price but equal or better in performance let me know. I was attempting to keep this under $500 but I see we blew that budget by quite a bit. I already have the case, I bought it from the thrift store for $10.

***THIS PC WILL BE USED FOR VIDEO EDITING (SONY VEGAS), MAKING THUMBNAILS (PHOTOSHOP) AND LIVE STREAMING (XBOX TO MY ELGATO TO STREAMLABS OBS).***

Parts screenshots
-------------------
Ram, CPU, & MOBO: https://imgur.com/BbxJ0hN
HDD (PSU alternative?): https://imgur.com/tpC2kIC
GPU & SSD: https://imgur.com/ZzlMSYh
PSU: https://imgur.com/2eS2S4e

Just now, RobFRaschke said:

Not going to be playing games directly on the PC?

Unlikely, MAYBE if it can handle it (which i'm sure it can). But very unlikely, i'll stick with my Xbox One for now, trying to get the most performance out this PC for exactly what I want to use it for (I.E: Editing etc...), I feel like if I play games on it, it's a possibility i'll get slower render times and such.

Sony Vegas doesn't seem to have a codec for GPU acceleration on AMD video cards. I would probably get either an nVidia graphics card to utilize the gpu for acceleration, or an Intel processor to use QuickSync, utilizing the integrated GPU, for hardware acceleration of renders.

Oh, and where are going to store your video files? A 250GB SSD is going to fill up FAST.

Do this instead.

The 2700 is much better for Sony Vegas, and the RX 570 performs pretty close to the RX 580, both of which beat Nvidia cards by leaps and bounds. They are even able to beat the GTX 1080. See here for more details:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-graphics-cards-gpu-acceleration-for-vegas-pro--104614/

2 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

Sony Vegas doesn't seem to have a codec for GPU acceleration on AMD video cards. I would probably get either an nVidia graphics card to utilize the gpu for acceleration, or an Intel processor to use QuickSync, utilizing the integrated GPU, for hardware acceleration of renders.

Oh, and where are going to store your video files? A 250GB SSD is going to fill up FAST.

On the HDD I have included in the screenshots, and as I've said I have limited knowledge on PC's so you're kinda just throwing words at a brick wall at this point. I'm aware what most of those things are but not in depth. If you could show me a link of a better GPU and explain why it's better i'd be extremely thankful and open to interpretation. (But of course you don't have to and regardless I thank you for your time).

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

Do this instead.

The 2700 is much better for Sony Vegas, and the RX 570 performs pretty close to the RX 580, both of which beat Nvidia cards by leaps and bounds. They are even able to beat the 1080 Ti.

RX 570 beating a GTX 1080 Ti? As i've said I know very little, but I thought 1080 had much better performance which is why it costs a significant amount more.

RX 570 performs pretty close to the RX 580, both of which beat Nvidia cards by leaps and bounds. They are even able to beat the 1080 Ti.

At what, heating a room?

1 minute ago, RobFRaschke said:

At what, heating a room?

At rendering times for Vegas. See the link I provided above.

7 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

RX 570 beating a GTX 1080 Ti? As i've said I know very little, but I thought 1080 had much better performance which is why it costs a significant amount more.

The 1080 obviously wins in gaming and almost everything else, but for Vegas, the AMD encoding is much better. Have a look at the article I posted. They reported a 4 hour render time on a 1080 vs 2 hours and 6 mins with an RX 480.

2 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

At rendering times for Vegas. See the link I provided above.

Go back and re-read the first part of that, most of the information there is for Vegas 14 and older, Vegas 15 and 16 introduced new codecs that over doubled the performance in quicksync(Intel IGP) and  provided 2-3x increases on Nvidia GPUs. With my presets, I saw render times drop from ~35 minutes an hour on my RX580 to ~20 minutes on my RTX 2060 and a friend is using quicksync with no GPU and doing similarly to my RX580.

4 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

At what, heating a room?

"Although both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs support OpenCL, AMD's implementation is stronger. The following GPUs/graphics cards have been known to work well with VEGAS Pro 11-14:

• AMD Radeon RX 480/470"

And obviously the RX 570 out performs the 470 because numbers. But wouldn't dropping the RX 580 for the RX 570 make me lose performance? Or would I pick that up in the CPU? Because I know for a fact that the CPU is one of the main factors in both editing and streaming and I need the extra threads (Which is why I chose the Ryzen 5 2600 over the Ryzen 5 1600).

Just now, RobFRaschke said:

Go back and re-read the first part of that, most of the information there is for Vegas 14 and older, Vegas 15 and 16 introduced new codecs that over doubled the performance in quicksync(Intel IGP) and  provided 2-3x increases on Nvidia GPUs. With my presets, I saw render times drop from ~35 minutes an hour on my RX580 to ~20 minutes on my RTX 2060 and a friend is using quicksync with no GPU and doing similarly to my RX580.

I'm indifferent on which version to use (I currently use 13) and i'll be fine sticking with that if it means that performance will increase. I will 100% not be using Vegas 16 because i'm almost entirely sure they haven't fixed all the bugs and glitches yet. Also fuck MAGIX as a staff, record label, and as a crew. I'll use 14 or 15, but whatever works better frankly.

3 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

The 1080 obviously wins in gaming and almost everything else, but for Vegas, the AMD encoding is much better. Have a look at the article I posted. They reported a 4 hour render time on a 1080 vs 2 hours and 30 mins with an RX 480.

Hmm interesting, yeah I've been going over it since you sent it. I'm just concerned as far is bang for buck know what I mean?

11 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

Sure, but Intel chips are out of his price range at $500, so the 2700 is still the best bet, and the point for the GPUs is that the AMD cards still perform insanely well for their prices. Even if Nvidia performance was tripled (do you have any data for that?) We'd be talking an hour and 20 mins for a GTX 1080 vs 2 hours 6 mins for an RX 570. And the price difference is insane.

Just now, Pedakin said:

I'm indifferent on which version to use (I currently use 13) and i'll be fine sticking with that if it means that performance will increase. I will 100% not be using Vegas 16 because i'm almost entirely sure they haven't fixed all the bugs and glitches yet. Also fuck MAGIX as a staff, record label, and as a crew. I'll use 14 or 15, but whatever works better frankly.

Ok, if you're back on 13-14, then an RX570/580 would be the better card. Those were coded with OpenCL and can use AMD GPU acceleration, unlike the new ones. In that case, yeah, your first build is probably good, but get as much SSD as you can afford, and upgrade to 32GB of ram when you can.

23 hours ago, Pedakin said:

"Although both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs support OpenCL, AMD's implementation is stronger. The following GPUs/graphics cards have been known to work well with VEGAS Pro 11-14:

• AMD Radeon RX 480/470"

And obviously the RX 570 out performs the 470 because numbers. But wouldn't dropping the RX 580 for the RX 570 make me lose performance? Or would I pick that up in the CPU? Because I know for a fact that the CPU is one of the main factors in both editing and streaming and I need the extra threads (Which is why I chose the Ryzen 5 2600 over the Ryzen 5 1600).

The 570, in Vegas pro, performs within 5-10% of the 580, so you wouldn't lose much. And yes, the CPU still does a lot of the heavy lifting, so overall the 2700/570 will perfo better. 

5 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

Ok, if you're back on 13-14, then an RX570/580 would be the better card. Those were coded with OpenCL and can use AMD GPU acceleration, unlike the new ones. In that case, yeah, your first build is probably good, but get as much SSD as you can afford, and upgrade to 32GB of ram when you can.

Okay so we are all in agreement of the RX 570 or RX 580, understood. I don't plan on upgrading this PC, by the time I think I will (many years from now). I'll just buy entirely new parts and make a new build while selling this one for whatever value I can get out of it.

5 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

The 570, in Vegas pro, performs within 5-10% of the 580, so you wouldn't lose much. And yes, the CPU still does a lot of the heavy lifting.

Alright well in the interest of saving money, with the deal I have included ya think that the 570 and B450M stand alones vs the 580 and B450M combo. That the 570 wins?

1 minute ago, Pedakin said:

Alright well in the interest of saving money, with the deal I have included ya think that the 570 and B450M stand alones vs the 580 and B450M combo. That the 570 wins?

What's the combo pricing vs the standalone pricing? If the difference isn't much, go with the 580 combo.

2 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

What's the combo pricing vs the standalone pricing? If the difference isn't much, go with the 580 combo.

Sorry got the GPU and CPU mixed up. Nevermind.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:01 PM, jerubedo said:

Hey so i'm going to end up buying everything tomorrow do you think there's something worthwhile getting from this post?: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sop/d/el-cerrito-gaming-computer-part/6904985079.html

5 minutes ago, Pedakin said:

Hey so i'm going to end up buying everything tomorrow do you think there's something worthwhile getting from this post?: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sop/d/el-cerrito-gaming-computer-part/6904985079.html

Nope, 2400MHz RAM - Not good for Ryzen.

Ryzen 1600, not nearly as good as the 2700 for your needs.

Motherboard, the AB350 is pretty meh, maybe if you could get it for a real steal, but probably not worth the trip just for that.

PSU is okay, but not for the listed price at all. You can get a newer better model, brand new, cheaper.

The MSI Armor RX 580 could be worth that price, but do note that the Armor cards are considered amongst the worst for their cooling solution. Still, for $100, maybe.

Nope, 2400MHz RAM - Not good for Ryzen.

Ryzen 1600, not nearly as good as the 2700 for your needs.

Motherboard, the AB350 is pretty meh, maybe if you could get it for a real steal, but probably not worth the trip just for that.

PSU is okay, but not for the listed price at all. You can get a newer better model, brand new, cheaper.

The MSI Armor RX 580 could be worth that price, but do note that the Armor cards are considered amongst the worst for their cooling solution. Still, for $100, maybe.

What if I add another fan dedicated to strictly facing the graphics card? lol...

Just now, Pedakin said:

What if I add another fan dedicated to strictly facing the graphics card? lol...

I mean it's not THAT bad, haha. You won't need to do that, but yes, ample airflow will help keep it cool.