Help with possible PSU Issue

Specs:
CPU: Haswell 4770k (Stock)
MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Hero
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz
GPU: ASUS DirectCUII GTX 780 3gb (Stock)
PSU: EVGA NEX750G 750w
Storage: 250gb Samsung EVO

I have recently bought and built a desktop PC and have had a problem while playing a very heavily modded Fallout NV. My frame rate drops and stutters severely whenever I am near an area with a lot of textures and buildings making it at or just below 30 fps and have narrowed down the problem to a lack of use on the GPU side as my CPU is fine while the GPU sits at around 40% usage and drops even more to about 20-30% when I get closer to these more demanding areas. At first I noticed the core clock kept dropping so I went to the Nvidia control panel and changed the power control to maximum which fixed that but had no affect on the GPU usage problem. The vram sits comfortably at 2.5gb giving me room as it is a 3gb card so I know that is not the issue and neither are temps as they sit around 27-30C. Power on the other hand is only at around 30-40% constant and never goes any higher. I have an EVGA NEX750G PSU and was wondering if the lack in power was caused by the split 12V rails that it has. MAybe the card doesn't have enough amperage or something along those lines. I have yet to test it with any other games but will be soon to see if power limit stays the same for those games as well. I would like your opinion on the matter and if you have any experience with this please add it to your contribution.

If you think that my PSU is not the problem then give me some suggestions for adjustments. If you think my PSU is the problem then leave some suggestions for a PSU that has the same or more wattage and 80+ gold while giving or showing me a solid explanation for your reasoning. 

Sorry for the long winded intro but I figured it would be best to explain the whole situation to get to an answer quicker. Thank you for your time and I hope someone will be able to help.

The PSU shouldn't be a problem, it would probably be enough to run a second 780.

If i had to guess i would place money on the game just being weird, but don't take my word download some others and see what it does if it is still happening then i have no idea.

I guess the best thing to do would be to google around and see if anyone else has had this problem, i'll keep thinking on it aswell but i highly doubt that your PSU is the issue unless it is 

borked/something else is wrong with it.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

Specs:

CPU: Haswell 4770k (Stock)

MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz

GPU: ASUS DirectCUII GTX 780 3gb (Stock)

PSU: EVGA NEX750G 750w

Storage: 250gb Samsung EVO

I have recently bought and built a desktop PC and have had a problem while playing a very heavily modded Fallout NV. My frame rate drops and stutters severely whenever I am near an area with a lot of textures and buildings making it at or just below 30 fps and have narrowed down the problem to a lack of use on the GPU side as my CPU is fine while the GPU sits at around 40% usage and drops even more to about 20-30% when I get closer to these more demanding areas. At first I noticed the core clock kept dropping so I went to the Nvidia control panel and changed the power control to maximum which fixed that but had no affect on the GPU usage problem. The vram sits comfortably at 2.5gb giving me room as it is a 3gb card so I know that is not the issue and neither are temps as they sit around 27-30C. Power on the other hand is only at around 30-40% constant and never goes any higher. I have an EVGA NEX750G PSU and was wondering if the lack in power was caused by the split 12V rails that it has. MAybe the card doesn't have enough amperage or something along those lines. I have yet to test it with any other games but will be soon to see if power limit stays the same for those games as well. I would like your opinion on the matter and if you have any experience with this please add it to your contribution.

If you think that my PSU is not the problem then give me some suggestions for adjustments. If you think my PSU is the problem then leave some suggestions for a PSU that has the same or more wattage and 80+ gold while giving or showing me a solid explanation for your reasoning. 

Sorry for the long winded intro but I figured it would be best to explain the whole situation to get to an answer quicker. Thank you for your time and I hope someone will be able to help.

Im thinking the problem is with the rails, I know with that unit there is 4 20A rails try running another PCI-E power connector off the power supply for either the 6 or 8 pin, and keep one of the power cables that you already have plugged in. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Thank you very much for your response. In Fallout NV and Skyrim the core clock has now reverted back to its underclocked status, sitting at 575mhz without budging at all and I cannot get it to increase at all. I tried MSI afterburner and EVGA precision, each by themselves to prevent conflicts, and neither did anything to help when I tried overclocking or changing around some settings. I have searched google quite a bit and others have had the same problem where their GTX 780 runs severely underclocked at the same exact core clock for some reason,

I can imagine that its just a very cpu demanding game, just like arma 2 or 3. overclocking my cpu (3770k) from stock to 4.4 ghz gave me a boost of about 15 fps. so I guess the game is the problem in your situation.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I can imagine that its just a very cpu demanding game, just like arma 2 or 3. overclocking my cpu (3770k) from stock to 4.4 ghz gave me a boost of about 15 fps. so I guess the game is the problem in your situation.

I can try to download some games tonight and test them out to see if it is any different. Like I said earlier I did try Skyrim and it had the same issue so it is not the game causing it. If any of you know if I can tweak Nvidia control panel to help that would be great. I already have it set to use max performance but it does not help. I have tweaked the minimum and maximum frame rates as well and that did nothing either.