noise cancelling speakers?

Do active noise cancelling speakers exist? im trying to find a way to play video games at night and not keep my family up while to people on discord. if they dont exist are there any ideas so that way they hear me less, cheaper is better.

best thing you can do witout moving your setup is wear headphones while they are sleeping and just dont talk or yell while playing the game sure games can get hype or frusrating i get it ive play games too but yeah not much will really help 

10 hours ago, Alexsolo said:

Move your PC setup to the basement, or another part of the house not near the bedrooms. As noise cancelling equipment isn't developped for the residential sector. In an enclosed space and controlled environment like a sound lab or recording studio, sure it's definitely possible, but not for a random room in your house. 

Maybe these might help? https://www.amazon.ca/Arrowzoom-Soundproofing-Pyramid-Acoustic-Absorbing/dp/B01H4U4NNS/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=foam+wall&qid=1559526404&s=gateway&sr=8-8

But moving the PC around would be cheaper and a sure way to keep the noise down.

According to many audio engineers, those really don't do a lot.

I'm not an audiophile or anything, but I'm trying to apply a bit of logic here.

Noise cancelling headphones work because it measures the external sounds, and produces waves to cancel them on the internal speaker, therefore it doesn't encounter any interference from the audio itself. With speakers, there'd be less of a division, meaning either poor noise cancelling, or some serious processing inside the speaker to try and seperate the audio from noise, in real time. Not to mention noise cancelling headphones work best with constant background noises like planes; the applications themselves would be different too.

TLDR; If they exist, I think they'd either be expensive or shite xD 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

6 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

According to many audio engineers, those really don't do a lot.

I'm an audio engineer, they only help with resonances if placed correctly, in a room with lots of stuff and curtains and a bed etc. they wont as there will most likely be very little standing waves, they mostly help in studios with big open spaces and relatively symmetrical placing of things

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)