Motherboard boots then stops detecting m.2 ssd?

Just now, Lefteh said:

Convert it back to what it was originally just so we don't accidentally mess something up.

Ok will do.

also while your at that ill see if i can find the NVMe drivers if that m.2 drive needs them.

15 hours ago, Lefteh said:

Website i think

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-ssd-firmware

Scrolled down to crucial P1. you should check to see if this is correct. on the first link

https://assets.crucial.com/wcsstore/CrucialSAS/drivers/storage-executive-win-64.zip

I am now on my pc after i reseated.Insytalling drivers and watching video now...

Website i think

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/support-ssd-firmware

Scrolled down to crucial P1. you should check to see if this is correct. on the first link

https://assets.crucial.com/wcsstore/CrucialSAS/drivers/storage-executive-win-64.zip

I installed the firmware for the drive. I am confused what I should do in the video...

in the windows search bar type in disk management. click "create and format hard disk partitions"

then right click see image

image.png.f2920a035f1b4189d1bb0f5d6499fdfa.png

go to properties and click on volumes and see if its GUID or MBR in partition style

image.png.50ae1eebb9fadd4d9c827f8bb01760a1.png

in the windows search bar type in disk management. click "create and format hard disk partitions"

then right click see image

image.png.f2920a035f1b4189d1bb0f5d6499fdfa.png

go to properties and click on volumes and see if its GUID or MBR in partition style

image.png.50ae1eebb9fadd4d9c827f8bb01760a1.png

what is windows PE? I saw you can make a bootable usb...

now to get into the the command prompt that is show in the video type cmd into the windows search bar and right click "command prompt" and run as administrator this will place you in the "C:\Windows\system32\" directory where you can run these commands.

First double check your device by typing "mbr2gpt /validate /allowFullOS "

you should get something like this.

image.png.d4062bcb0fc7e6c024953a749769886e.png

But anyway since you can boot into your system and your ssd stops working after reboot i doubt this will help to much unless you re socketing the m.2 every reboot just like before.

so any way finally you then type "mbr2gpt /convert " and then boot into bios set CSM to disabled and restart.

so any way finally you then type "mbr2gpt /convert " and then boot into bios set CSM to disabled and restart.

FIXED!!!! I wish I could hug you right now. Thankyou so much! 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW i have been supper nervous and exited too i was dreading the worst that your mobo was damaged. Im glad i could help!! :) If you need anything more hit me up and i can help you out!

Just now, Lefteh said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW i have been supper nervous and exited too i was dreading the worst that your mobo was damaged. Im glad i could help!! :) If you need anything more hit me up and i can help you out!

I just shut down and turned back on and it’s back to not working again. I am so sorry to be a letdown. I just got the motherboard swapped out today and I was really hoping this would work. 

Just now, SalvatoreLacorte said:

I just shut down and turned back on and it’s back to not working again. I am so sorry to be a letdown. I just got the motherboard swapped out today and I was really hoping this would work. 

It shutdown and turned on fine once and then did not do it again. 

Have you checked to see what BIOS version you are running? I'd assume since you just got it, it'd be fairly current. Never know though. 

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 AF -- CPU Cooler: Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT -- Mobo: Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K5 -- RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Oloy 3000 MHz -- GPU: EVGA Nvidia 1070 Black -- Case: Phanteks P600S -- Storage: 240GB Corsair Force MP510 NVMe - 500GB WD Blue HDD - Hitachi 3TB HDD -- PSU: Corsair RM750i -- OS: Windows 10 Pro

Double check the bios and see if its set to disabled. maybe it unset itself?

4 minutes ago, Lefteh said:

Double check the bios and see if its set to disabled. maybe it unset itself?

What would be disabled, also would you like me to update the bios?

i looked online and there only one new bios update and its for 3000 series it highly recommends updating chipset first. you can do it if you want too.

check in the boot at for the CSM to see if its property set to disabled just in case.

1 minute ago, Lefteh said:

check in the boot at for the CSM to see if its property set to disabled just in case.

Installing chipset and bios drivers, then will go to bios. 

3 minutes ago, Lefteh said:

I just installed all drivers and I am in bios. Do you want me to disable csm?