Motherboard boots then stops detecting m.2 ssd?

Hello, I am attempting to boot from a 1tb crucial p1 3d nand name pcie m.2 ssd on an asus prime x470- Pro with a ryzen 7 2700x. I boot off of it with no problems. I then turn off my pc and it won’t boot. I reseat the m.2 and try again and it boots. Then after I shutdown again and then go to turn it on, it won’t boot. What am I doing wrong? I just built this pc like 2 days ago...

which m.2 slot is it in? The cpu lane one or the chipset one? Unless you only have one.

1 minute ago, Lefteh said:

which m.2 slot is it in? The cpu lane one or the chipset one? Unless you only have one.

It is in the 1st slot with the heat sink right below the cpu. 

Okay Check your boot order. what its trying to boot off off of when you reseat it and when it wont boot.

It could be that when its "first" installed it recognizes it as a boot drive and then boot from it and then when you reboot it checks to see if the other drives exist before the m.2 and then boots off either nothing or another drive.

4 minutes ago, Lefteh said:

It could be that when its "first" installed it recognizes it as a boot drive and then boot from it and then when you reboot it checks to see if the other drives exist before the m.2 and then boots off either nothing or another drive.

This is the only drive installed.... how do I check if it’s even detecting it? 

Go into BIOS pressing one of these key DEL or F12 (there are some other weird ones like F2 depends on board).

Just now, Lefteh said:

When you first start up the pc

Ok, so I am on the pc. I will take a picture of the boot settings and please let me know if those are correct

Just now, Lefteh said:

you should see a screen like this.Image result for prime x470 bios

image.png

That is the bios

you didn't link the image in that last post i think you just re-quoted me lol i accidentally uploaded 2 images.

3 minutes ago, Lefteh said:

you should see a screen like this.Image result for prime x470 bios

image.png

I am in here

6A9880E5-7D83-472C-8FC5-E9C1F168D764.jpeg

C2AE9302-7094-4F88-9932-36B1CA1D81A8.jpeg

2C95BD9C-6A1C-4A8E-B363-5F7513468714.jpeg

what are the options besides legacy on storage devices.

"Once inside the UEFI interface, you must locate a setting containing the text “Compatibility Support Module” or “CSM” and set this menu entry to DISABLED. More rarely, your UEFI firmware may offer a sub-menu called “Boot Mode” that will let you select “Pure UEFI” as the desired option. The exact location of these menus and settings will vary from system to system, but you are likely to find it as an option in the “Boot” menu, and it is safe to navigate between menu screens until you find the correct location. Disabling CSM will disable Legacy Mode on your motherboard and enable the full UEFI Mode that your system requires. "

"Once inside the UEFI interface, you must locate a setting containing the text “Compatibility Support Module” or “CSM” and set this menu entry to DISABLED. More rarely, your UEFI firmware may offer a sub-menu called “Boot Mode” that will let you select “Pure UEFI” as the desired option. The exact location of these menus and settings will vary from system to system, but you are likely to find it as an option in the “Boot” menu, and it is safe to navigate between menu screens until you find the correct location. Disabling CSM will disable Legacy Mode on your motherboard and enable the full UEFI Mode that your system requires. "

I changed all of them to uefi. Will this work? image.thumb.jpg.3a4c4c452ce2335726d7d11dd05fa58f.jpg

Only hope exit and save then restart PC and may the odds be ever in your favor :O.

Just now, Lefteh said:

If that doesnt work try turning CSM to disabled.

It did not boot when I tried to change all to uefi. I am now attempting to disable cam and this message popped up. image.thumb.jpg.50574799f06a4d5813dfe3846c717c19.jpg

If that doesnt work try turning CSM to disabled.

And now with csm disabled it still won’t boot into windows, just bios. 

Okay watch this video you might need to take out the m.2 and put it back it so you can boot in and check to see if its all good and is GUID instead of MBR, here a video by microsoft explain how to check or to set it to GUID

2 minutes ago, Lefteh said:

Okay watch this video you might need to take out the m.2 and put it back it so you can boot in and check to see if its all good and is GUID instead of MBR, here a video by microsoft explain how to check or to set it to GUID

What should I do with the boot settings we have in bios?

Convert it back to what it was originally just so we don't accidentally mess something up.