First time touching a PC [HELP]

HomuraZ

First of all I have to say that I am totally new to PC building ( I haven't seen the inside of a PC case once ( well other then videos ) ) so my building decisions may be a total catastrophe.

I currently have a prebuild G11CB Asus PC:
Mainboard: H170 Skylake (not sure which) 
CPU: i7-6700

Boot SSD: HFS128G3AMNB-2200A 128 GB ( It has windows on it which makes it the boot drive, right? ? )

HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB

GPU: GTX 960 2gb

PSU: 500 Watt ( Don't know which PSU exactly )

RAM: 1x8gb DDR4-2133mhz ( 1066 mhz ) ( not sure which exactly )

Recently my PC started freezing in games and getting stuck in loading screens ( programs just kept idling ) and at least to me it seems like my HDD drive is broken since that's where all my games are safed and uninstalling steam from my HDD and reinstalling it to my SSD got rid of both the slow loading times and ingame freezes ( loading time might not be the best indicator though because SSD are supposed to load a decent bit faster ).
With that I decided to generaly upgrade my fairly outdated system here and there but since I am kinda new to this stuff Idk if I'm making the right decisions.

For now:

I currently have a ~900€ budget and was planning to:

- Exchange ( supposedly ) broken HDD with an SSD 1 TB Samsung 860 EVO

- Exchange my current RAM with 2x8gb HyperX RAM 2133mhz ( keep old 1x8gb for future upgrade )

- Change GPU to MSI GTX 1070 TI Gaming ( I know it's a fairly expensive GPU but you'd have to convince me to change my mind ? )

- Exchange PSU if needed ( potentially "be quiet ATX 600W/700W System Power 9 80+ ( either 600W or 700W, I really don't know what I need a little to much wouldn't be to bad though so I'm prepared for possible future updates to the rig )

- Possibly add a Noctura NH-D15S to my CPU since it seems to be currently bottlenecked by my GPU and still already reaches ~75°C under ~40-50% workload and sits at ~45°C when somewhat idle.

For the future:

- Either upgrade to i7-7700k or change motherboard for something else ( i7 6700 seems a decent bit too weak for the rest of the rig ( but as I said I don't know what I am talking about I am just making guesses ) and I'm concerned that my CPU bottlenecks my GPU at this point

- upgrade boot drive to 500GB M.2 SSD

- get a case that doesn't look as shitty as the G11CB prebuild case ( low priority though ? )

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor $349.00 @ SuperBiiz
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $149.89 @ OutletPC
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $498.89
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-01 14:27 EDT-0400  

So basically I wanted to ask you guys what you think I should do since you probably know 10x better what's a smart move and what's not. ( I'm already prepared for people flooding me with AMD alternatives though )

Germany, why do you ask? ?

16 minutes ago, HomuraZ said:

There is a Germany pcpartpicker.

13 minutes ago, HomuraZ said:

Prices are different in different countries. If you have around $900 to spend, you should upgrade your main 3 components, CPU, MOBO, and GPU. I would suggest going AMD (:) Gotcha), and getting an R7 2700x, Get any B450 motherboard that's known to have good reviews, and Definitely upgrade that GPU. I would say get an RTX 2070. You should be able to have enough to have lefotver money for whatever other stuff you need to do.

I lurk 

HP Spectre x360 13t late 2019
Core i5 1035g4
8gb ram
256GB NVME SSD
HP 24mh FHD Monitor 

OnePlus 5
Jabra evolve 75
Razer Blackwidow Lite

Steelseries Rival 3

You can test your drive with an utility called HD Tune ;) until you've seen the SMART readings you won't know if it's bad, might just be Windows being Windows

I still fully agree with the 1TB SSD, get it anyways.

Get a higher frequency kit of memory. On Amazon.de there's 16GB of Corsair or HyperX kits @3000+ mhz for 80-90-100€ depending on the offer.

Your PSU can probably take the upgrades. A better PSU is always nice, but I would keep the priority low. It's worth taking a picture of the label of your PSU, some prebuilts actually have pretty high quality suppliers for those.

Depending on your case the D15S might not fit. It's pretty damn huge.

Your CPU isn't bottleneck, it's ideal that the GPU is always at 100% during a game, that is the component that you want being taxed the most.

For the GPU, unless you get the 1070 Ti used or at an amazing price, you might find better prices for the current offerings: 1660 Ti, 2060, 2070

Also, since you're in Germany: www.geizhals.de.

Thank me later ;)

If you can wait until August or September prices of Ryzen & Ryzen + will fall due to release of Ryzen 2 in June 2019.

Edit: Just my opinion

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

The HDD was broken and got replaced by an 500GB SSD ( I now have 500GB + 128GB boot drive )

For my GPU i didn't want to go over ~400€, it had to be Nvidia ( mainly because I'm uncertain about game support for AMD GPUs ) and should be brand new. So I plan to go for a "MSI RTX 2060 gaming z" for 400€. I know that 6GB VRAM is a little low and the new RTX super series is coming soon with a 8GB VRAM RTX 2060 super FE at ~430€ but I currently believe that 6GB VRAM should be sufficient for 1080p gaming for a while. I managed to scrape by with 2GB VRAM for the longest time.

I want to replace my current pc case ( Same as in picture ) with a Cooler Master H500 for 93€. My current pc case has only 1x120mm exhaust fan in the back and doesn't seem to support more fans so I'm a little concerned about that.

I plan to buy 1x8gb HyperX DDR4 CL15 2133mhz RAM for 35€ to pair with my current 8GB RAM stick and wanted to ask if there can be any compatibility issues.

I want to replace my current 500w PSU ( some brand I couldn't even find online ( already forgot the name again tbh ) ) with a 750w seasonic 80+ Gold ( modular ) psu at 106€

As a graduation gift my parents want to pay for my SSD my RAM and 100€ for my GPU. Me and my wallet are incredible grateful. ?

--------------------------------

For later:

I want to wait for Ryzen 3rd gen CPUs and buy one of them with new 2x8GB 3200mhz RAM and a Noctua NH-D15S. ( not sure on the MBD yet )

On 6/2/2019 at 2:28 AM, HomuraZ said:

~900€ budget

Enough to build a pretty dope system tbh

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€125.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (€33.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€75.09 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€69.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€79.92 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING AMP Video Card  (€353.95 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Cougar - MX300 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€42.29 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: BitFenix - Formula Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€69.90 @ Caseking) 
Total: €850.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-27 03:26 CEST+0200

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

It's a decent budget yea but I don't know nearly as much about PC building then many other people on this website do, so I'm asking for recommendations and advise. I always check things 10 times ask 50 times about what other people think befor i decide on something that's just the way I am. ?

And my budget is ~900€ but that doesn't mean I'd be mad if I ended up spending less. Not gonna happen though I'll pay 500€ (normally 640€ ) for GPU, RAM, PSU, and case now and probably another ~600+ € for CPU, MBD, CPU cooler, high frequency RAM later.

More specific:

Now:

MSI RTX 2060 Gaming z

HyperX 1x8GB 2133mhz CL15

Seasonic FOCUS 750 Gold

Cooler Master MasterCase H500

Later:

2x8GB 3200mhz CL14/CL15 RAM

Ryzen 5 3600X or Ryzen 7 3700x

Noctua NH-D15S CPU cooler

Unsure about motherboard

That's what I'm planning to do as of right now.

15 hours ago, HomuraZ said:

For my GPU i didn't want to go over ~400€, it had to be Nvidia ( mainly because I'm uncertain about game support for AMD GPUs

AMD GPUs work just as well. Only like 4 or 5 games actually support ray-tracing at the moment so not any real benefits to choosing an RTX over something like a Vega 56 imo.

Also new Navi gpus release on 7/7 and those are set to compete with RTX 2070 for something like around 400 USD iirc.