OLD PC doesn't output from Dedicated GPU

tyem

Ok, so I have a rather strange problem.

I had an old PC that (when I upgraded to a new one) I added an SSD changed the GPU to a GTX 960 and I gave it to my cousin. ]

Recently it's PSU died, I've changed it today and now it starts, every fan spins ( including Dedicated GPU). The problem is I don't get imagine to my display. My display only has HDMI and DP input, the motherboard only has a VGA output.

I thought that maybe after I changed the PSU and the motherboard battery, maybe it sets itself up for output only from the integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU.

Now that I'm thinking the Phenom 9550 has no integrated graphics and my theory just crashed.

The Motherboard is an Asus M3A if that helps.

I'd rather not order a VGA input to HDMI output adapter to test my theory, it's not very expensive on amazon ( about 15 euros) but it also takes a while until I'll get it delivered.

Does anyone have any idea?

I know for a fact that last year I changed the GPU on this PC from a 9600GT to the GTX 960 and I did it on the same monitor that I use now ( a Samsung C27FG73 ), but I really don't remember how I made it work.

The monitor does have Freesync and I disabled it already as well as the low input lag and whatever else.

Have no idea what to do next. It's possible that the GPU is dead even if it's fan spins when I first start the pc..

Before I changed the PSU it didnt even turn on.

Please if anyone has any idea and could help it would be really appreciated.

P.S. I probably don't make much sense right now since I wrote this in a hurry because working on it i tried to connect it to the tv, I unplugged some devices that were connected to the TV via HDMI while they were on and now the TV doesn't turn on anymore and I'm trying some reset cycles on it with no success so far. When you have a shitty day...

the motherboard might be dead or gpu, you said the psu died and if the system was on when it died the psu could have thrown a lot of wild voltages around, if you can barrow a spare gpu from some one to test that would be my advice.,

Or maybe cpu might be gone you I dont really know and its hard to tell without being there.

TLDR if you have spare cpu, mobo or gpu try them one by one in the rig

Good luck!

(Take anything I say with a grain of salt)

[Main Pc] CPU, i5 9600k GPU, Asus Strix RTX 2060, RAM, 16b Team Group Delta RGB, PSU, Seasonic Px-750 plat , Cooler, Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML120L RGB, Storage, 500gb Samsung 950 evo/1tb WD blue/2tb HDD,Case, Enermax ECA3520. + some cooler master RGB fans

[Laptop] Dell G3, i7-8750H (Turbo 4.2 Ghz), Gtx 1050 ti , 8gb 2669 mhz, 128gb nvme ssd, 1tb HDD

[Server]

[Consoles] Pretty much almost every popular one you can think of besides for like Xbox and some Sega Stuff( Playstation especially)

[Mobile Devices] iPhone XR 64gb (Red) gb, iPad Air 2 128gb, Space Grey,  Ipod Shuffle Space Grey

I don't have much experience with dead PSU since this is the first one that dies on me, and it worked for almost 11 years already. 

Is it possible for the GPU to be dead even if all the fan spin and when I checked there is no burned area on any part of both the GPU or motherboard? I checked carefully especially around the power delivery areas and I couldn't find anything.

The only other GPU that I have is the one in my pc that honestly won't even fit in the old case and I really don't wanna risk testing with it.

Obviously I don't have another amd cpu from that time.

On 5/31/2019 at 9:33 AM, tyem said:

I don't have much experience with dead PSU since this is the first one that dies on me, and it worked for almost 11 years already. 

Is it possible for the GPU to be dead even if all the fan spin and when I checked there is no burned area on any part of both the GPU or motherboard? I checked carefully especially around the power delivery areas and I couldn't find anything.

The only other GPU that I have is the one in my pc that honestly won't even fit in the old case and I really don't wanna risk testing with it.

Obviously I don't have another amd cpu from that time.

It might be gpu, you could tear apart the gpu and look for like blown caps or something simular, look and mobo for blown caps too

(Take anything I say with a grain of salt)

[Main Pc] CPU, i5 9600k GPU, Asus Strix RTX 2060, RAM, 16b Team Group Delta RGB, PSU, Seasonic Px-750 plat , Cooler, Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML120L RGB, Storage, 500gb Samsung 950 evo/1tb WD blue/2tb HDD,Case, Enermax ECA3520. + some cooler master RGB fans

[Laptop] Dell G3, i7-8750H (Turbo 4.2 Ghz), Gtx 1050 ti , 8gb 2669 mhz, 128gb nvme ssd, 1tb HDD

[Server]

[Consoles] Pretty much almost every popular one you can think of besides for like Xbox and some Sega Stuff( Playstation especially)

[Mobile Devices] iPhone XR 64gb (Red) gb, iPad Air 2 128gb, Space Grey,  Ipod Shuffle Space Grey