Case fans and heat sink upgrade

So recently I've noticed global warning is affecting my gaming experience.

System specs:

- R5 2600 @ 3.9GHz on all cores

- Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ @ 1650MHz GPU and 2250MHz Memory with fans running at 100%

- Aorus Gaming Elite B450 motherboard

- 3 intake Azza Hurricane 120mm fans

- 1 cheap exhaust 120mm fan that came along with the cheap case Marvo CA-210 that has slots for 3 exhaust fans (1 at the back and 2 at the top)

I don't really care about aesthetics that much because I put my case in a dedicated hole in my desk, but don't worry because it has plenty of space for a fairly good air flow.

Acoustics are not a problem either because I'm a solo player so I just use my headphones and that's it.

The problem I've been having is that since about a month ago, I've gotten crashes while playing because of the GPU. I noticed the crashes happen when the GPU temperature reaches +73C° approximately. I guess this temperature is unstable for the OC, because I used to reach stable 68-70C° and would never crash. I mostly play only AC Odyssey and I was able to notice the temperature reaches these values when I spend too much time in the menu.

One other factor I think is affecting me is the room temperature. When I bought the system back in December 2018 the temperature was more stable at night when I play at about 21-22C°, but right now it's 24-25C° (I live in Costa Rica btw, tropical weather basically).

Yesterday I played The Division 2 for like 20 min and the GPU reached 79° and the game crashed and then I said "no that's it, I need air flow..."

In summary I used be able to play at the very edge of the crash before thanks to the room temp, but now I can't because it has increased.

Since I'm no longer able to get around with the cheap air flow solution I have, I'd like to upgrade the intake and exhaust fans as well as get a heat sink for my R5 2600 to see if I can reach 4.2GHz.

My questions would be the following:

- What are the best high air flow fans I could get for my system? I need 3 intake RGB fans for the front (because it's the only part of the PC that can be seen), the other 3 exhaust fans can be ugly but with good performance.

Maybe you can provide silent, value and high performance options.

- What heat sink would be able to get me the 4.2GHz on my R5 2600 without being super over killed for my CPU?

Again, maybe silent, value and high performance options would be good. Preferably high static pressure fans in the heat sink would be appreciated.

- Would this even improve my situation with temps at all? Remember my RX590 is already running its fans at 100%.

Thanks in advance!

Your GPU temps are still fine. Crashing is rarely because of temps, and yours are well under those conditions. If it's unstable because overclocking, then reason is too low voltage. Temps being ~3C higher than what they used to be can easily be because of room temp going up by 3C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 5/31/2019 at 6:40 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Your GPU temps are still fine. Crashing is rarely because of temps, and yours are well under those conditions. If it's unstable because overclocking, then reason is too low voltage. Temps being ~3C higher than what they used to be can easily be because of room temp going up by 3C.

Yeah I know the actual temps of the GPU are not that bad since they are well below the 85C° threshold, but the relationship between the temps and overclock is what I think is affecting me. Yesterday I just didn't really want to crash because the room temperature was at 25-26C° so I changed my OC from 1650MHz to 1610MHz, hit 76C° in the GPU and didn't crash not even once. I think if I had been running 1650MHz I would've hit 80C° maybe and then crashed.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:55 AM, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

Thank you!

Those actually quite nice, but they're not RGB. I might get three of them for the exhaust, but I'd like an RGB option for the front fans. Do you have any similar options but with RGB?

1 hour ago, Wonka0998 said:

Yeah I know the actual temps of the GPU are not that bad since they are well below the 85C° threshold, but the relationship between the temps and overclock is what I think is affecting me. Yesterday I just didn't really want to crash because the room temperature was at 25-26C° so I changed my OC from 1650MHz to 1610MHz, hit 76C° in the GPU and didn't crash not even once. I think if I had been running 1650MHz I would've hit 80C° maybe and then crashed.

Temps and crashing aren't related. Or rather it depends what kind of crashing we are talking about. You probably have too low voltage going on. Thats more common reason.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Wonka0998 said:

Thank you!

Those actually quite nice, but they're not RGB. I might get three of them for the exhaust, but I'd like an RGB option for the front fans. Do you have any similar options but with RGB?

ThermalTake Rings

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM