Sound Card won't show up on device manager

Hello, I just bought a new sound card to run my speakers and I plug it in and go to device manager to check if it showed up but it didn't. I have played with it tried to get it to work installed drivers but won't install them cause it didn't see the device plugged in. Do you guy know anything that could help, the sound card is a Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 sound card I also know that it is compatible with my computer and windows 10.

11 minutes ago, awesomeboy354 said:

Hello, I just bought a new sound card to run my speakers and I plug it in and go to device manager to check if it showed up but it didn't. I have played with it tried to get it to work installed drivers but won't install them cause it didn't see the device plugged in. Do you guy know anything that could help, the sound card is a Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 sound card I also know that it is compatible with my computer and windows 10.

DOA maybe ? does it have any indicators on to show that its powered on ?

have you chcked all over device manager for anything plugged into the pcie lanes ? 

7 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

DOA maybe ? does it have any indicators on to show that its powered on ?

have you chcked all over device manager for anything plugged into the pcie lanes ? 

It has no indicators on it and I have checked all over device manager for it and it has not shown up I have even restarted and turned off and on my computer many times. I also don't think it is DOA because I have 2 of them (one for my other computer) and I have tried and that one doesn't show up on my computer as well.

2 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

I just checked on their website, it seems the drivers are for Windows XP-8.1 and have not been updated to Windows 10.

Try installing those for 8.1 x64, if that doesn't work I'd return it for a newer card that's confirmed supported.

Well, I do have 2 of the sound cards for both my computers (both running windows 10) and the sound cards work on the other computer but just not this one. I also have used the sound card from the other computer on this computer before and it worked fine. But now both don't work.

2 minutes ago, awesomeboy354 said:

Well, I do have 2 of the sound cards for both my computers (both running windows 10) and the sound cards work on the other computer but just not this one. I also have used the sound card from the other computer on this computer before and it worked fine. But now both don't work.

so wait. it did work on one win 10 system but the other broke both cards?. thats interesting. the lane just killed both ur cards then xD? 

Can you run "winver.exe" from the start menu? Just search for it. 

Check the version of Windows 10 on both PC's (the one where it works, and the one where they don't work) Let me know what the result is.

They are both version 1803 and os build 17134.765

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

so wait. it did work on one win 10 system but the other broke both cards?. thats interesting. the lane just killed both ur cards then xD? 

i mean both don't work in the computer i want to put the new sound card in

Just now, Alexsolo said:

In device manager under sound cards, is there something installed with the name of the soundcard in question? (on the computer that does work)

The sound card does come as an unknown device but when I click on it it shows the correct company and that it is located on the pci lane

1 minute ago, Alexsolo said:

Here's direct link to drivers on the website: http://www.dmmdownload.com/downloads/CURRENT/SOUND/XS51series.zip

I would also try the setup.exe file included in it. 

https://www.diamondmm.com/product/xs51-diamond-xtremesound-sound-card/

When I run it, it just says please "plug-in Diamond Xtreme Audio device!"

9 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Okay so you'll want to go into device manager back to that unknown device. 

Right click and select "update driver" 

Then you'll choose the option "browse my computer for driver software" and select the folder I asked you to download as the source. Let me know if it installs that way.

Nope, still the same problem with the driver installed. I hope it's not a dead lane

Do you have another PCIe port to try?

No I do not.

Do you have another PCIe kind of card to try in the port? Like a GPU for example?

well its not a pcie card its a pci card and no I do not have another pci card

Last thing I would suggest is bringing it to your local PC shop and have them take a look at it, at least they'll be able to confirm if the PCI slot is working or even get the soundcard to work.

I'll try and see if they could do anything. Thanks for your help!