Sudden sound failure problem

Thorimus

I'm having a strange issue with my sound. I play Digital Combat Simulator, for which someone has made an external program that makes the in-aircraft radios functional and allows you to talk to other players in multiplayer, called SRS.

If I start SRS and Spotify in running, I hear all my sounds stutter and a mic-pop-type sound and then all sound from DCS and Spotify is gone and SRS crashes. Windows sounds will still work immediately afterwards, Spotify and DCS both get sound back after restarting them.

This isn't a huge issue, since I can just shut down Spotify when I need to start SRS.

But lately I've had another issue where if I'm playing a game and windows sends a notification, it will cause the same issue: Stutter, pop, all sound in the game is gone. Can be fixed the same way. I previously thought it was an issue with SRS, but now it seems like it's an issue with my system's sound.

This is a little more disruptive, but can be avoided by turning off notifications.

I'm still a little concerned though. I have tried re-installing Logitech gaming software and messing around with windows audio settings but nothing has helped. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Logitech G35 headset

Windows 10

GTX1070 (miniDisplayPort to monitor)

i5-3570K

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“