Need some help

Dosler

Just broke my old headset and finally want something that is not 30$. I have a 125$ AUD Budget so I can go slightly over by 20$ AUD but if we can try to keep the price around the 125$ range because I really need most of the money for other stuff thank you if you can help.

(Just some other stuff that if you want to try to find wireless ones that would be good but i don't care anyway so just pick any but if you can wireless please)

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Cloud 2's

Just out of my budget they are 155$ at my closest store and  so just over I really need to stick to the budget as best as I can so I can't but thanks for a the fast reply!

1 hour ago, Dosler said:

Just broke my old headset and finally want something that is not 30$. I have a 125$ AUD Budget so I can go slightly over by 20$ AUD but if we can try to keep the price around the 125$ range because I really need most of the money for other stuff thank you if you can help.

(Just some other stuff that if you want to try to find wireless ones that would be good but i don't care anyway so just pick any but if you can wireless please)

cooler master mh 752 better more comfortable than clouds. as they are using more expensive drivers from the same family of drivers. 

HyperX Cloud (Core, Pro, and 2 are all the same headphone physically) is Takstar Pro 80, Cooler Master MH75X is Takstar Pro 82. That the newer model is more comfortable, I think that's a given. As for the rest? I owned a Pro 80 (original, from China) when it was flavor of the month and everyone was raving it was hands-down the best headphone under $100. And sure, it's a good headphone, but not as good as the hype train made it out to be. Then there was the M40X, then the Status CB-1, then the Monoprice Retro (are people deaf?). I'm still unconvinced that the Pro 82 isn't yet another overrated flavor of the month; wait and see.

There are still no good comparisons of the Pro 82 and 80. Good subjective reviews uncolored by the hype are hard to find. Both have been measured but by two very different sources, so comparisons on that front have to be taken with a grain of salt. That said,

• The sibilant resonance problem on the Pro 80 does not appear solved on the 82. Its peak frequency has shifted a bit, but this isn't a fix.
  • The 82 has no cup damping, a step back from previous Takstar/iSK designs. This was likely to allow for the easier inclusion of a bass port.
  • Bass extension on the 82 looks significantly better, even with the bass ports closed.
  • Bass still bleeds into the mids too much, and mids are poorly controlled. This is more obvious when comparing CSD's.

I think it's still too early to tell.

One thing going for the MH751 is that it's $99 at mwave, cheaper than the HyperX Cloud Pro ($119). I'd toss the Corsair HS50 into the ring ($69) as well if you don't need as good of a microphone and don't have too large of a head. It's definitely better-sounding than the Takstar Pro 80/HyperX Cloud both subjectively and in its measured performance.

31 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

HyperX Cloud (Core, Pro, and 2 are all the same headphone physically) is Takstar Pro 80, Cooler Master MH75X is Takstar Pro 82. That the newer model is more comfortable, I think that's a given. As for the rest? I owned a Pro 80 (original, from China) when it was flavor of the month and everyone was raving it was hands-down the best headphone under $100. And sure, it's a good headphone, but not as good as the hype train made it out to be. Then there was the M40X, then the Status CB-1, then the Monoprice Retro (are people deaf?). I'm still unconvinced that the Pro 82 isn't yet another overrated flavor of the month; wait and see.

There are still no good comparisons of the Pro 82 and 80. Good subjective reviews uncolored by the hype are hard to find. Both have been measured but by two very different sources, so comparisons on that front have to be taken with a grain of salt. That said,

• The sibilant resonance problem on the Pro 80 does not appear solved on the 82. Its peak frequency has shifted a bit, but this isn't a fix.
  • The 82 has no cup damping, a step back from previous Takstar/iSK designs. This was likely to allow for the easier inclusion of a bass port.
  • Bass extension on the 82 looks significantly better, even with the bass ports closed.
  • Bass still bleeds into the mids too much, and mids are poorly controlled. This is more obvious when comparing CSD's.

I think it's still too early to tell.

One thing going for the MH751 is that it's $99 at mwave, cheaper than the HyperX Cloud Pro ($119). I'd toss the Corsair HS50 into the ring ($69) as well if you don't need as good of a microphone and don't have too large of a head. It's definitely better-sounding than the Takstar Pro 80/HyperX Cloud both subjectively and in its measured performance.

the mono price retro was overhyped but sounded really good for the price especially after a pad mod.  was my favorite headphone under  $50 UNTIL AKG M220 came out