Upgrading from fx8350 and sabertooth to ryzen 2600 and crosshair vi. Do I need to do a format?

Hello,

After installing my new hardware, i have a mixed vibe about the temps. Ryzen on idle sits at around 38-40 degrees (C) and gpu (rx480) at 49 (!). Ambient temps must be at around 28-32.

Before upgrading i had the fx8350 at 20 and gpu 20-28 (well that was before easter with ambient at around 20).

Should I do a format? I have installed everything from the asus site (drivers) and I did a gpu re install with ddu. I dont know if the old drivers are causing the issue (motherboard's etc) or idk.

While load, the cpu plays fine. At around 55 with fans working at 50% (enermax tb silenece pwm) (aka at 700-800 rpm), but my gpu reach up to 75, which before it would only go up to 60 (and the fans spins more ofc)

When changing platforms like that you should always do a fresh install. You can clone.. but you can and likely will have driver conflicts. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

10 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

When changing platforms like that you should always do a fresh install. You can clone.. but you can and likely will have driver conflicts. 

So it is possible that the temps might be wrong cause of older drivers? If I put the temps aside, everything else runs smoothly, in BFV i get 80 fps with ultra settings

5 minutes ago, NickosD said:

So it is possible that the temps might be wrong cause of older drivers? If I put the temps aside, everything else runs smoothly, in BFV i get 80 fps with ultra settings

Probably not. My 1800x idles between 35-40c myself. The GPU temps could be a combination of many things.. You likely had faulty sensors or issues with your older setup. Having an ambient room temp of 28-32c is warm and your idle temps in the 20s? Thats impossible on air or even water. Best you will see is ambient unless you're doing ice bucket or some type of exotic cooling. It is normal to idle 5-10c above ambient. The GPU is likely in need of a repaste as it is several years old now and may need a good cleaning. To be honest and fair, 75c is perfectly fine for GPUs as they are design to run at high temps up into the mid to upper 80s. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

40 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Probably not. My 1800x idles between 35-40c myself. The GPU temps could be a combination of many things.. You likely had faulty sensors or issues with your older setup. Having an ambient room temp of 28-32c is warm and your idle temps in the 20s? Thats impossible on air or even water. Best you will see is ambient unless you're doing ice bucket or some type of exotic cooling. It is normal to idle 5-10c above ambient. The GPU is likely in need of a repaste as it is several years old now and may need a good cleaning. To be honest and fair, 75c is perfectly fine for GPUs as they are design to run at high temps up into the mid to upper 80s. 

I also tried to do oc, but at 4ghz with 1.32 i went up to 70c. I might do it anyway, just to be safe.

13 minutes ago, NickosD said:

I also tried to do oc, but at 4ghz with 1.32 i went up to 70c. I might do it anyway, just to be safe.

70c is fine. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig