Asus RTX 2070 Dual OC Help (+180 good?)

Long story short, I'm pretty new to OC.

This is my first desktop, and I've been tinkering some.

Right now, I've got my Asus RTX 2070 Dual set to +180 on the core and it a curve of 30ºC = 10%, 55ºC = 50%, and 70ºC = 100%. I'd like to push it further, but I don't think I can as anything higher crashes Firestrike immediately.

As such, I've got a few questions for a noob:

• Should I be using another test?
    • What else should I run alongside FS, what do you recommend?
  • Is +180 good, or average?
  • Is messing with the memory worth it?
  • Maintaining 2050 - 2070 at about 60ºC how's that?
  • Is anyone OC tool better than the other? (I use Asus GPU Tweak II as it's what came with the card's drivers online)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

1) Unigine Superposition and whatever games you play

2) Don’t know, sorry

3) It depends on the games or scenarios, but it can help a lot. Memory overclocking does sometimes create crashes from miswritten information.

4) 60C is great, most gpus can run at up to 80-90 safely.

5) Most people (myself included) prefer MSI afterburner, but I’ve never really used Asus’s utility.

3 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

I use furmark, memclck will help

I've heard all furmark really does is cook the GPU and it's not even close to a realistic load, even as far as synthetics go.

Like, if it's basically just designed to run them to the thermal max, I don't really see the point? I get it's supposed to help you find a stable OC, and all synthetics put a full load on the GPU but I've been told/read furmark is basically useless for stress testing unless you want a space heater.

Not that I'm opposed, I mean, I have the Asus ROG Furmark installed, but if it pushes way harder than anything than sure a stable OC for it is a stable OC for anywhere really, but to me if it hits so hard it sounds like the stable OC for it needs to be lower than it otherwise would need to be/could be based off other synths and games.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section