New PC budget build(kinda)

So first of all i want to say what the PC will be doing. 

It will be a gaming PC with the possibility of being a streaming PC also.

So far i locket a few components:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

MB: AsRock B450M Pro4

RAM: Kingston 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1050TI

PS: CoolerMaster MasterWatt Lite, 700W

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM

SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 Evo

The GPU,HDD and SSD are parts that i will be scrapping from my current PC but the rest is up for discussion.

Things i am concerned about are the CPU(is the ryzen 7, better choice than an i5) and is the dual channel RAM a must for Ryzen processor :?

Keep in mind that my budget is around 600$

Dual channel is a must for any CPU honestly, its a performance hit if its not, but more so for Ryzen because of the Infinity Fabric architecture. Also, please wait on buying a CPU or a decision on a CPU until after Monday. Dr Lisa Su, AMD CEO, is delivering the opening Keynote for Computex and is widely expected to announce Ryzen 2 CPUs to launch in about a monthish time from now. WIth this, there is usually a decent price cut on older generation CPUs to go along with it. You will also be doing your Ryzen CPU a disservice by getting 2400mhz ram. Ryzen craves speed, so you should ideally get a 3000-3200mhz kit for optimal performance. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Grab an rx 570 instead of the 1050ti, and a corsair CX or coolermaster masterwatt non-lite instead of that psu.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

6 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Grab an rx 570 instead of the 1050ti, and a corsair CX or coolermaster masterwatt non-lite instead of that psu.

That is not an option, i already have the 1050ti :(  Can you explain why should i change the psu?

yawns

5 minutes ago, bl00dz said:

That is not an option, i already have the 1050ti :(  Can you explain why should i change the psu?

because it's group regulated, and you can get better for the price

WoW 208$ wtf :) here in Bulgaria the cheapest i can find it is around 350$

47 minutes ago, bl00dz said:

WoW 208$ wtf :) here in Bulgaria the cheapest i can find it is around 350$

how about the 1700?

and quote, otherwise i don't know you sent something

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

how about the 1700?

and quote, otherwise i don't know you sent something

around 250$

ryzen 5 1600 is around 170$. 

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

1600?

The thing is, i will be playing not so demanding games, like path of exile,diablo 3, LoL, Dota2,CS:GO and etc.

But i am not convinced that if i get the 2700x i will be able to enjoy this games and also be able to stream them, since me and my buddies usually go for more competetive approach in the games and its nice to have a recording of our achievements in the games we play :) Thats the only reason i want to upgrade, my grandpa i5 3470 is doing fine handling this games its just the streaming on top that causes the problems.

Just now, bl00dz said:

The thing is, i will be playing not so demanding games, like path of exile,diablo 3, LoL, Dota2,CS:GO and etc.

But i am not convinced that if i get the 2700x i will be able to enjoy this games and also be able to stream them, since me and my buddies usually go for more competetive approach in the games and its nice to have a recording of our achievements in the games we play :) Thats the only reason i want to upgrade, my grandpa i5 3470 is doing fine handling this games its just the streaming on top that causes the problems.

you know... there's a solution for that

it's called nvenc

you can use it via either shadowplay (nvidia experience) or a streaming program like OBS

On 5/26/2019 at 3:17 PM, LukeSavenije said:

you know... there's a solution for that

it's called nvenc

you can use it via either shadowplay (nvidia experience) or a streaming program like OBS

Hey buddy can you confirm if this parts can work together 1 last time before i purchase 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $279.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $75.61 @ OutletPC
Memory Kingston - HyperX Fury 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $107.53 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Video Card $169.99 @ B&H
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $663.02
  Mail-in rebates -$30.00
  Total $633.02
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-28 15:46 EDT-0400  

15 minutes ago, bl00dz said:

Hey buddy can you confirm if this parts can work together 1 last time before i purchase 

with that coolermaster psu listed above? i wouldn't risk it

19 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

with that coolermaster psu listed above? i wouldn't risk it

Can you tell me how much power i will need as the pc will run ssd,hdd, 2x120mm fans and the components listed above.The only thing i will probably upgrade in the next few years  will be the GPU but i dont think that will be a concern powerwise :)

24 minutes ago, bl00dz said:

Can you tell me how much power i will need as the pc will run ssd,hdd, 2x120mm fans and the components listed above.The only thing i will probably upgrade in the next few years  will be the GPU but i dont think that will be a concern powerwise :)

500 watts or more

but something with dc-dc regulation

15 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

500 watts or more

but something with dc-dc regulation

So is a Corsair VS series vs650  good choice. And also can you confirm I can use ryzen and msi 1050ti on this motherboard without troubles?