Competitor for Floatplane

Flamey

Some of the creators from youtube have released a service that is somewhat similar to Floatplane, i got to know about in a video from one of the participating channel.

Link: https://watchnebula.com/

What are your views on this?

Its got some pretty large names behind it and the GUI has a nice polished look. It also helps that it has an IOS app. Also, it's only 5$ for all creators on the platform instead of the ridiculous 3$ per creator that Floatplane is currently using. Overall seems like a solid platform though I haven't used it myself.

2 minutes ago, Oryzaki said:

Its got some pretty large names behind it and the GUI has a nice polished look. It also helps that it has an IOS app. Also, it's only 5$ for all creators on the platform instead of the ridiculous 3$ per creator that Floatplane is currently using. Overall seems like a solid platform though I haven't used it myself.

Yeah, although the content are exclusive to each other but their model seems more robust.

Remember vessel?

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just now, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Remember vessel?

Vessel was all great until it was acquired and dumped down the shithole.

3 minutes ago, Flamey said:

Vessel was a tremendous loss of money since day one, and that's why ltt wanted to do something a little different. I agree it's annoying, and that's why I'm only subscribed to ltt on floatplane. 

I can't refer you to a specific wan show, but they talked about it a bunch of times there.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

17 minutes ago, Oryzaki said:

I mean that's pretty much what Vessel was, and despite them being able to pull big names, they died quickly.

12 minutes ago, Flamey said:

They were bound to die. They may have lured huge YouTubers for signing deals that were worth up to hundreds of thousands of dollars, but many of those YouTubers simply gave up on promoting the platform. Not to mention that it's already hard enough to enter the market with a new viral video sharing service, but it's even more difficult when people have to pay for it. They also did a lot of promoting the platform with free trials for as long as a year, which I can't imagine helped (assuming those customers were willing to pay.)

If I had to guess, they charged too little while signing huge checks to content creators in exchange for their loyalty, and that didn't even last. Floatplane probably isn't charging $3 per content creator because they're greedy, they're probably charging that much because it covers the costs associated with growing and maintaining the platform in a more natural manner than Vessel tried to.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Watched the WAN show, got to know i am super late to this

7 hours ago, Oryzaki said:

Also, it's only 5$ for all creators on the platform instead of the ridiculous 3$ per creator that Floatplane is currently using. Overall seems like a solid platform though I haven't used it myself.

That's kind of low for the amount of creators already on the platform. How much of that $5 each creator gets? Is it someway related to minutes watched or times video gets watched, like Vessel did? Those are my questions. As the reason I didn't pay for Vessel was that it wasn't direct enough way for me to support just the creators I wanted. FPs model is better that way.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv