Vga error light constantly on

This is a tricky one and it requiers some backstory. I’ve had this problem on and off for about 6 months now and i just gave up for a while. I first built the pc last year, december 2018. 

My spelling will not be good as english isnt my first language, you’re welcome :) 

Specs:

i7-9700k 

No gpu installed atm/gtx 1070

G-Skill ripjaws 2x8gb kit 

Corsair 550w, 80 plus bronze, dont remeber the

exact name but should be enough for this build

Asus ROG-Strix Z390-F Gaming motherboard

1tb seagate barracuda 7200 rpm

240gb ssd 

The pc wont boot when the error light «VGA» on the motherboard lights up. When i first built the pc i had the same problem, but i just reset the bios and everything was fine except what seemed like some instability in games. One day about 2 weeks later i was downloading gta 5, my network speed isnt blazing fast so i let my pc download while i did other things, about 1 hour. When i came back my pc was not responding and that same error light «VGA» was lit. 

I tried a bunch of things: running without gpu, resetting bios, running with just one stick of ram (tried both), reseating the cpu, untighten the cooler screws a bit, changing thermal paste, tighten the cooler screws a bit, checking for bent pins, connecting my monitor to different ports, checking pci slot for damage, checking that the psu’s 12v rails was fine, running with just mobo, coller, cpu and one stick of ram, running with just one hard drive. 

After all these possible fixes failed, i returned my motherboard to the seller to check for errors. They didnt find any and said the motherboard was fine and returned it. I put everything back together and voila, everything was fine, pc was running as normal. I ran it for about a month without a gpu installed and about 2 weeks with a gtx 760 installed after that, just to be sure that it was working, wich it was. I didnt want to put my gtx 1070 back in because i figured that was the problem but i actually had a friend run it in his computer and it was working just fine. 

One day i was downloading a big game agian, this time destiny 2. I let my pc download for about 2 hours and when i came back my pc was suddenly unresponsive again. And the error light «VGA» was shining bright again. I tried a few things before i gave up: reseating cpu, resetting bios, running with or without a gpu, tighning or releasing cooler «pressure» on the cpu. 

I dint want to send the pc to a repair shop because i’ve built plenty of computers myself and i’ve always figuered it out but this time i have noe idea, has to be ram, cpu or psu i guess. 

If you took the time to read this far, whats your toughts? Appreciate any help. Thanks :)

set main gpu to IGPU, before removing the dedicated gpu, will solve the problem , if ur mobo is  set to dedicated gpu ( forced ) then without a dedicated gpu it will go gpu error

(◑‿◐)

30 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

set main gpu to IGPU, before removing the dedicated gpu, will solve the problem , if ur mobo is  set to dedicated gpu ( forced ) then without a dedicated gpu it will go gpu error

Problem is that it wont run with either dedicated gpu or igpu, its unresponsive and wont boot either way 

1 hour ago, Martin1999 said:

Problem is that it wont run with either dedicated gpu or igpu, its unresponsive and wont boot either way 

try different pci e slot for the gpu, maybe mobo faulty

(◑‿◐)