Macbook Pro Bus Issues

Hi everyone,

Wanted to see if people have been having bus issues on the 2018 MBP. I work as a media manager and my whole team has issues with our 10gig to akitio thunderbolt 3 bus powered adapter. We're trying to figure out if it's the box itself or if it's the MBP bus. Our machines are completely specced out minus the SSD not being fulling maxed (because who needs a 4tb SSD for that price lol).

I'd be happy to answer any questions as well.

Cheers!

what issue?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

what issue?

Wow sorry, just realized I didn't clarify the issue lol. We get disconnected from our server multiple times in a row and have issues reconnecting. We know it's not the server itself since we have other machines connected in different variations without disconnection issues.

Bus power maybe the issue, does the server self powered?

If yes then you should disable the bus power.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Bus power maybe the issue, does the server self powered?

If yes then you should disable the bus power.

The server is not sending power. Our 10g is running over cat 6A

So your server is relying on the bus power and you transfer with a 10g?

I assume it has it's own power adapter so a bus power is not needed.

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

So your server is relying on the bus power and you transfer with a 10g?

I assume it has it's own power adapter so a bus power is not needed.

Yes, the server has its own power.
I'm not sure if we're on the same page.
This is the adaptor we're using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GQV83Y2?pf_rd_p=019ad97c-f176-43be-96b9-991a6dc65763&pf_rd_r=505Z3VNZBBH4C2HRVB88
It is powered by bus power from the laptop, it does not have it's own dedicated power.
Our setup is as follows: Lumaforge Jellyfish server -> 10gig cat 6a line ran to desk -> cat 6a plugged into the akitio adaptor -> akition adaptor plugin into mbp via thunderbolt 3